Go Paperless Los Angeles, CA
Go paperless in Los Angeles, CA. The concept of going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Los Angeles, CA businesses. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their operations. With a paperless workflow, you'll become more cost-efficient, make your clients happier, and improve your office workers' performance. HITS has been helping Los Angeles, CA organizations improve their workflows for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Los Angeles, CA: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- About 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, finding a lost documents costs $120, and reproducing a lost document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their day looking for information in documents, but 50 percent of their time trying to find it
- 75 percent of the money spent on paper storage is spent on salaries; the other quarter on storage and equipment
- Problems related to document management make up 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months each year
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not difficult to see why increasingly more Los Angeles, CA organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to save money and make their office workers more productive.
8 Advantages of A Paperless Office in Los Angeles, CA
Switching to a paperless office has a huge impact on your organization, your employees, your partners, and those you serve. The top 8 advantages most of our clients experience when they go paperless in Los Angeles, CA are:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can improve productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers won't be bogged down looking for information instead of performing the core tasks of their job.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you won't have to pay for expenses like paper and ink, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces not only boost creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when office workers are not in the same place.
- Increase security — Most companies have information that is private or sensitive. By going paperless, you can control which accounts and servers have access to which documents, instead of anyone who happens to know what cabinet they're stored in. Digital documents will also be recoverable in the event of a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX regulations, are essential for many Los Angeles, CA organizations. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Move to remote work — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel more productive, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of reduced expenses on office supplies, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work from home. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can enjoy the benefits of remote work.
- It's good for the environment — The average American office worker disposes of 100-200 pounds of paper each year. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which are harmful to the environment when they're disposed of.
How to Move to a Paperless Workflow in Los Angeles, CA
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's a daunting task for any Los Angeles, CA organization, especially if you have years' or even decades' worth of paper storage you need to retain . But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS that knows what it's doing:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two groups, shred the ones you don't need, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There are hundreds of applications and software dedicated to online storage. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick what seems like the best option for your company. You'll have the option to consider cloud-based storage, on-site hardware, or hybrid storage.
- Digitize your workflows — You now need to make sure the new documents produced will be digital and not analog. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared systemto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be tech-savvy, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of using paper. Train your employees and make sure they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has accepted your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with clients and partners — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Present it as an exciting new opportunity to make things smoother for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Los Angeles, CA
Without an agency who knows how to help Los Angeles, CA organization go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the conversion may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been assisting Los Angeles, CA organizations with going paperless and become more efficient for almost 30 years. With that experience, we've learned how to make the conversion as stress-free as possible.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your paper documents into two groups: scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those you don't need anymore
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Los Angeles, CA companies allow their employees to work from home.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Los Angeles, CA
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can rest easy knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small the undertaking, or however many piles of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS can handle it. If you've been thinking about going paperless, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.