Go Paperless Annandale, VA
Go paperless in Annandale, VA. Going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Annandale, VA organizations. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to cut paper out of their workflow. By moving on from paper, you'll save on a variety of costs, make your clients happier, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Annandale, VA organizations improve their workflows for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Annandale, VA: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a lost documents costs $120, and recreating a lost document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their day reading documents, but 50 percent of their time trying to find the document
- Three-quarters of the money spent on paper storage is spent on salaries; the other quarter on cabinets, printers, toner, etc...
- Document related issues account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months annually
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not difficult to see why increasingly more Annandale, VA organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to improve their bottom line and make their teams more productive.
8 Advantages of A Paperless Office in Annandale, VA
Going paperless can do wonders for your business and those you work with inside and outside your company. The biggest 8 benefits most of our clients experience by going paperless in Annandale, VA include:
- Save space — By going paperless, your office will be more open, which can enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees will be able to focus on the important aspects of their job; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — A commercial copier can cost as much as $15,000, not including the cost of yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you'll also save on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- More productivity — Open office spaces are not only great for getting the creative juices flowing, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to have access to at the same time, even when employees are miles away from each other.
- Increase security — All organizations have documents that are private or sensitive. By going paperless, you can control who inside and outside your organization has access to which documents, instead of anyone who happens to know what cabinet they're stored in. Digital documents are also safer if the unexpected happens, such as a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are essential for many Annandale, VA businesses. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Make remote work possible — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel more productive, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less operating costs, access to more workers, and improved employee retention. Going paperless is a great way for everyone involved to reap the benefits of remote work.
- Go green — An office worker in the U.S. uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By going paperless, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Go Paperless in Annandale, VA
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's complicated for any Annandale, VA organization, especially if you have years' or even decades' worth of paper storage you need to retain . But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS who has done it hundreds of times before:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most obvious first step. Sort your documents into two groups, shred the ones that have met your retention policy, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There are hundreds of applications and software that offer online storage. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick what seems like the best option for your company. You'll have the option to consider cloud-based storage, on-premises storage, or something in between.
- Move your workforce online — You now need to make sure the new documents produced will be digital and not analog. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared system, so anyone involved with be able to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Your employees are going to have different levels of comfort with going digital. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were partially paperless before, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new software.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure your clients and partners are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Present it as a great change that will make things smoother for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Annandale, VA
Without a company who knows how to help Annandale, VA businesses go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the migration may take much longer than you wanted. At HITS, we've been assisting Annandale, VA organizations with going paperless and improve their workflows for almost 30 years. In that time, we've developed innovative and proven solutions to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two "piles": those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those you don't need anymore
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Annandale, VA companies who wish to move to a mobile workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Annandale, VA
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can rest easy knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small your project, or however many piles of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS can handle it. For more information, call us today at 314-837-4000 or reach out to us online for a free quote.