Go Paperless O’Fallon, MO
Go paperless in O’Fallon, MO. Going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for O’Fallon, MO businesses. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their workflow. By going to a paperless office, you'll save on a variety of costs, will make life easier for your clients, and improve your office workers' productivity. HITS has been helping O’Fallon, MO organizations become the best versions of themselves for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in O’Fallon, MO: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format are lost; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a lost documents costs $120, and recreating a missing document costs $220
- Office workers spend 5-15 percent of their time reading documents, but half their day trying to find it
- Three-quarters of the cost associated with paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the other quarter on cabinets, printers, toner, etc...
- Issues related to document management account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months annually
Given the above, it's easy to see why more and more O’Fallon, MO organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to improve their bottom line and improve their workflows.
8 Benefits of Going Paperless in O’Fallon, MO
Going paperless can do wonders for your company, your office workers, your partners, and your customers. The top 8 benefits most of our clients see by going paperless in O’Fallon, MO include:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can boost productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers will be able to focus on the important aspects of their job; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — An office copier can cost as much as $15,000, not including the cost of yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you won't have to pay for expenses like paper and ink, and your employees will have less down time while on the clock.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces not only boost creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when employees are miles away from each other.
- More security — Most companies have documents that are private or sensitive. By going paperless, you can control who inside and outside your organization has access to which documents, instead of anyone with physical access to the storage space being able to see them. Digital documents are also safer in the event of a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are vital for many O’Fallon, MO organizations. With increased security your sensitive records will be easier to protect.
- Make a mobile workforce possible — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel they can concentrate on their work better, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers get the benefit of reduced operating costs, access to more workers, and improved employee retention. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can benefit from remote work while still being able to be productive with other members of the team.
- Go green — An office worker in the U.S. uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Go Paperless in O’Fallon, MO
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's a daunting task for any O’Fallon, MO organization, especially if you have years' or even decades' worth of paper storage you need to retain . But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS who has done it hundreds of times before:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two groups, shred the ones that have met your retention policy, and digitize the others.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There's no shortage of software where you can store digital documents. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick which works best for you. You'll have the option to consider a cloud, on-premises hardware, or something in between.
- Digitize your workflows — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not analog. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared systemto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be feel good about more digital approach, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of using paper. Train your employees and make sure they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has accepted your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were partially paperless before, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with clients and partners — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Present it as a great new opportunity to make things smoother for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in O’Fallon, MO
Without an IT firm experienced in helping O’Fallon, MO organization go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the migration may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been helping O’Fallon, MO companies go paperless and improve their workflows for almost 30 years. In that time, we've developed innovative and proven applications to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two "piles": scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once the documents you need to keep are digitized, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help O’Fallon, MO companies move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in O’Fallon, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small your project, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need converted, HITS can handle it. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.