Go Paperless Chicago, IL
Go paperless in Chicago, IL. The concept of going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to Chicago, IL businesses. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to cut paper out of their operations. By going to a paperless office, you'll save on a variety of costs, will make life easier for your clients, and improve your office workers' productivity. HITS has been helping Chicago, IL organizations become the best versions of themselves for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Chicago, IL: Surprising Statistics
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of paper documents are lost; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, finding a lost documents costs $120, and recreating a lost document costs $220
- Employees spend 5-15 percent of their time looking for information in documents, but half their time looking for it
- 75 percent of the cost associated with paper storage is spent on salaries; the rest on cabinets, copiers, ink, etc...
- Issues related to document management make up 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months each year
Given the above, it's not hard to see why increasingly more Chicago, IL organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to save money and make their office workers more efficient.
8 Advantages of Going Paperless in Chicago, IL
Going paperless can do wonders for your company and those you work with inside and outside your company. The biggest 8 benefits you're likely to experience when they go paperless in Chicago, IL are:
- Save space — By going paperless, your office will be significantly less cluttered, which studies show is enough to enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers will be able to focus on the job you pay them for; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you'll also save on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and your employees will have less down time while on the clock.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces are not only great for getting the creative juices flowing, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to work with at the same time, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- Increase security — Most companies have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. If you go paperless, you can control who inside and outside your organization has access to which documents, instead of anyone who happens to know what cabinet they're stored in. Digital documents are also safer if the unexpected happens, such as a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal requirements, such as HIPPA and SOX requirements, are important for many Chicago, IL businesses. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Move to remote work — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel like they can focus more, spend less time and money on commuting, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers get the benefit of reduced expenses on office supplies, access to more workers, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work remotely. Going paperless is a great way for you and your workers to enjoy the benefits of remote work.
- It's good for the environment — The average American office worker disposes of 100-200 pounds of paper each year. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which are harmful to the environment when they're disposed of.
How to Move to a Paperless Workflow in Chicago, IL
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's complicated for any Chicago, IL organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS that knows what it's doing:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two categories, shred the ones that are no longer relevant, and digitize the others.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There's no shortage of applications where you can store digital documents. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick which works best for you. Depending on your Chicago, IL company, you a cloud, on-premises servers, or a little bit of both.
- Move your workforce online — Ensure that newly created documents will be in digital format. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Turn note taking during meetings digital, which allows everyone who needs to to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Your employees are going to have different levels of comfort with going digital. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new software.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure those outside of your organization are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Present it as a great new opportunity that will make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Chicago, IL
Without an IT firm experienced in helping Chicago, IL businesses go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the migration may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been helping Chicago, IL companies go paperless and improve their workflows for almost 30 years. With that experience, we've developed innovative and proven applications to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your documents into two groups: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Chicago, IL companies allow their employees to work from home.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Chicago, IL
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important documents. However big or small the undertaking, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS can handle it. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.