Go Paperless St. Charles, MO
Go paperless in St. Charles, MO. Going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for St. Charles, MO organizations. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their internal processes. By moving on from paper, you'll become more cost-efficient, make your clients happier, and improve your office workers' productivity. HITS has been helping St. Charles, MO organizations become the best versions of themselves for over two and half decades. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in St. Charles, MO: Stats to Know
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- About 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, locating a lost documents costs $120, and recreating a missing document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their day reviewing documents, but 50 percent of their time trying to find it
- Three-quarters of the cost associated with paper storage is spent on salaries; the other quarter on cabinets, printers, ink, etc...
- Document related problems account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months every year
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not difficult to see why increasingly more St. Charles, MO organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to improve their bottom line and improve their internal processes.
8 Advantages of A Paperless Office in St. Charles, MO
Going paperless can do wonders for your business, your office workers, your partners, and your customers. The top 8 advantages most of our clients see by going paperless in St. Charles, MO are:
- Save space — By going paperless, your office will be significantly less cluttered, which studies show is enough to boost productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees will be able to focus on the important aspects of their job; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — A commercial copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you'll also save on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and your employees will have less down time while on the clock.
- Increase productivity — Uncluttered offices not only boost creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when employees are miles away from each other.
- Increase security — Most companies have information that is private or sensitive. If you go paperless, you can control who inside and outside your organization has access to which documents, instead of anyone who happens to know what cabinet they're stored in. Digital documents will also be recoverable in the event of a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX regulations, are important for many St. Charles, MO organizations. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Make a mobile workforce possible — Many office workers prefer to work away from the office because they feel more productive, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less expenses on office supplies, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work from home. Going paperless is a great way for you and your workers to benefit from remote work while still being able to be productive with other members of the team.
- Go green — The average American office worker disposes of 100-200 pounds of paper each year. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Move to a Paperless Office in St. Charles, MO
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's complicated for any St. Charles, MO organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless can be easy when you employ a records management company like HITS who has done it hundreds of times before:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most obvious first step. Sort your documents into two categories, shred the ones you don't need, and digitize the others.
- Pick your digital storage service — There are hundreds of applications and software dedicated to online storage. Do your research and pick which works best for you. You'll have the option to consider a cloud, on-premises servers, or something in between.
- Move your workforce online — You now need to make sure the new documents produced will be digital and not paper. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Turn note taking during meetings digital, which allows everyone who needs to to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be feel good about more digital approach, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were not entirely dependent on paper when you made the switch, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new software.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're promptly migrated to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with clients and partners — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Present it as an exciting new opportunity that will make things smoother for everybody involved.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in St. Charles, MO
Without an IT firm who knows how to help St. Charles, MO organization go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the conversion may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been assisting St. Charles, MO organizations with going paperless and improve their workflows for over two and half decades. With that experience, we've learned how to make the process efficient and pain-free.
With our innovative DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two "piles": those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those you don't need anymore
Once the documents you need to keep are in digital format, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help St. Charles, MO companies allow their employees to work from home.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in St. Charles, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can rest easy knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small the undertaking, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS can handle it. If you've been thinking about going paperless, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.