Go Paperless Columbia, MO
Go paperless in Columbia, MO. Going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Columbia, MO enterprises. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their operations. By moving on from paper, you'll save on a variety of costs, will make life easier for your clients, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Columbia, MO organizations become the best versions of themselves for more than 25 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Columbia, MO: Stats to Know
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- An estimated 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format are lost; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a lost documents costs $120, and reproducing a missing document costs $220
- Employees spend 5-15 percent of their time reading documents, but 50 percent of their time looking for it
- 75 percent of the money spent on paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the other quarter on storage and equipment
- Document related issues account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months per year
Given the above, it's not difficult to see why increasingly more Columbia, MO organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to save money and enhance their workflows.
8 Advantages of A Paperless Office in Columbia, MO
Going paperless has a huge impact on your business and those you work with inside and outside your company. The biggest 8 benefits you're likely to experience when they go paperless in Columbia, MO are:
- Save space — By going paperless, your work environment will be significantly less cluttered, which studies show is enough to boost productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers will be able to focus on the important aspects of their job; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not including the cost of yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you won't spend any money on expenses like paper and ink, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces not only boost creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when employees are not in the same place.
- More security — Most companies have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. By going paperless, you can control who inside and outside your organization has access to which documents, instead of anyone with physical access to the storage space being able to see them. Digital documents will also be recoverable in the event of a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Your clients need to know their information is secure, and federal guidelines, such as HIPPA and SOX regulations, are essential for many Columbia, MO enterprises. With increased security your sensitive information will be easier to safeguard.
- Move to remote work — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel like they can focus more, spend less time and money on commuting, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less operating costs, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work remotely. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can benefit from remote work while still being able to collaborate efficiently.
- Go green — The average American office worker uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Go Paperless in Columbia, MO
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's a daunting task for any Columbia, MO organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management experts like HITS, who, through experience and expertise, make the process seamless and secure:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Go through all of your paper documents, securely destroy the ones you don't need, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There are hundreds of applications and software dedicated to online storage. Do your research and pick which works best for you. Depending on your Columbia, MO company, you cloud-based storage, on-premises hardware, or a little bit of both.
- Move your workforce online — Ensure that newly created documents will be in digital format. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared system, which allows everyone who needs to to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be feel good about more digital approach, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new storage space.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're promptly migrated to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure others you work with or for are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Tell them it's a great change to make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Columbia, MO
Without an IT firm who knows how to help Columbia, MO companies go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the conversion may end up impeding your day-to-day operations. At HITS, we've been helping Columbia, MO companies go paperless and increase productivity for over two and half decades. In that time, we've learned how to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two groups: scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once scanned, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help Columbia, MO companies who wish to move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Columbia, MO
HITS isn't just a name, it's an acronym for what we believe in: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small your project, or however many piles of paper documents you need digitized, HITS can handle it. If you've been thinking about going paperless, call us today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.