Go Paperless Springfield, MO
Go paperless in Springfield, MO. The concept of going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to Springfield, MO businesses. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their operations. By moving on from paper, you'll become more cost-efficient, will make life easier for your clients, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Springfield, MO organizations become the best versions of themselves for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Springfield, MO: Stats to Keep in My Mind
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, finding a missing documents costs $120, and recreating a missing document costs $220
- Office workers spend 5-15 percent of their day reading documents, but half their time looking for the document
- Three-quarters of the cost associated with paper storage is spent on salaries; the rest on cabinets, printers, ink, etc...
- Document related issues account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months per year
Given the above, it's not hard to see why increasingly more Springfield, MO organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to improve their bottom line and enhance their internal processes.
8 Benefits of A Paperless Office in Springfield, MO
Switching to a paperless office can do wonders for your business, your office workers, your partners, and your customers. The top 8 advantages you're likely to experience when they go paperless in Springfield, MO include:
- Save space — Studies show that going paperless and decluttering an office can enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers will be able to focus on the job you pay them for; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you'll also save on expenses like paper and ink, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces not only boost creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- Increase security — All organizations have documents that are private or sensitive. By going paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents will also be recoverable if the unexpected happens, such as a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX regulations, are important for many Springfield, MO enterprises. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Make remote work possible — Many office workers prefer working at home because they feel like they can focus more, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers get the benefit of reduced overhead, access to more workers, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work remotely. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can benefit from remote work while still being able to be productive with other members of the team.
- Help the environment — An office worker in the United States uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By going paperless, you can help the environment by reducing waste and saving some trees.
How to Go Paperless in Springfield, MO
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's complicated for any Springfield, MO organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management veterans like HITS, who, through experience and expertise, have learned how to make the transition as easy as possible:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Go through all of your paper documents, securely destroy the ones that are no longer relevant, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There are hundreds of applications and software dedicated to online storage. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick what seems like the best option for your company. Depending on your Springfield, MO company, you cloud-based storage, on-premises hardware, or a hybrid solution.
- Move your workforce online — Ensure that newly created documents will be in digital format. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared systemto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Your employees are going to have different levels of comfort with the switch. Make sure your employees know what they're doing and that they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has accepted your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new storage space.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're scanned and moved to your new system quickly, and then securely destroy them.
- Share your new process with clients and partners — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure those outside of your organization are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Present it as a great new opportunity to make things smoother for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Springfield, MO
Without an agency who knows how to help Springfield, MO companies go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the conversion may take much longer than expected. At HITS, we've been helping Springfield, MO companies go paperless and improve their workflows for almost 30 years. With that experience, we've learned how to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our innovative DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your documents into two "piles": those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once the documents you need to keep are in digital format, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Springfield, MO companies move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Springfield, MO
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can rest easy knowing that that the process will go smoothly and you won't lose any important records. However big or small your project, or however many piles of paper documents you need scanned and shredded, HITS can handle it. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or reach out to us online for a free quote.