Go Paperless Lee’s Summit, MO
Go paperless in Lee’s Summit, MO. Going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Lee’s Summit, MO businesses. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to cut paper out of their internal processes. By going to a paperless office, you'll become more cost-efficient, make your clients happier, and will improve your workflows so your employees can be more efficient and productive. HITS has been helping Lee’s Summit, MO organizations improve their workflows for more than 25 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Lee’s Summit, MO: Stats to Know
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- About 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a missing documents costs $120, and reproducing a lost document costs $220
- Office workers spend 5-15 percent of their time reviewing documents, but half their day trying to find the document
- Three-quarters of the cost associated with paper storage is spent on salaries; the other quarter on cabinets, printers, ink, etc...
- Document related problems account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months annually
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not hard to see why increasingly more Lee’s Summit, MO organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to improve their bottom line and make their teams more efficient.
8 Advantages of A Paperless Office in Lee’s Summit, MO
Switching to a paperless office has a huge impact on your business and those you work with inside and outside your company. The top 8 benefits most of our clients experience when they go paperless in Lee’s Summit, MO include:
- Save space — By going paperless, your office will be significantly less cluttered, which studies show is enough to enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your employees will be able to focus on the job you pay them for; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you'll also save on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Uncluttered offices are not only great for creativity, but digital files will lead to better collaboration and organization, as documents are easier to find and share, even when office workers are not in the same place.
- Increase security — Most companies have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. By going paperless, you can control which accounts and servers have access to which documents, instead of anyone with physical access to the storage space being able to see them. Digital documents are also safer if the unexpected happens, such as a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal requirements, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are vital for many Lee’s Summit, MO businesses. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Make remote work possible — Many office workers prefer to work away from the office because they feel like they can focus more, spend less time and money on commuting, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less operating costs, access to more workers, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work from home. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can benefit from remote work while still being able to collaborate efficiently.
- Help the planet — The average American office worker uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which are harmful to the environment when they're disposed of.
How to Go Paperless in Lee’s Summit, MO
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's a daunting task for any Lee’s Summit, MO organization, especially if you have years' or even decades' worth of paper storage you need to retain . But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management veterans like HITS, who, through experience and expertise, make the process seamless and secure:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most obvious first step. Sort your documents into two categories, securely destroy the ones you don't need, and digitize the others.
- Decide where you will store your digital documents — There are hundreds of applications and software dedicated to online storage. Do your research and pick what seems like the best option for your company. You'll have the option to consider a cloud, on-site hardware, or hybrid storage.
- Digitize your workflows — You now need to make sure the new documents produced will be digital and not analog. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Turn note taking during meetings digitalto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be feel good about more digital approach, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were not entirely dependent on paper when you made the switch, make sure any of the digital documents you already had are being migrated to your new application.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — If you still have a paper documents coming in, make sure they're promptly transferred to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Present it as a great change to make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Lee’s Summit, MO
Without an IT firm experienced in helping Lee’s Summit, MO organization go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the conversion may take much longer than you anticipated. At HITS, we've been assisting Lee’s Summit, MO organizations with going paperless and become more efficient for over 25 years. In that time, we've developed innovative and proven solutions to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two "piles": scan and shred
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those you don't need anymore
Once the documents you need to keep are digitized, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help Lee’s Summit, MO companies who wish to move to a mobile workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Lee’s Summit, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small your project, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need converted, HITS can handle it. For more information, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.