Go Paperless Kansas City, KS
Go paperless in Kansas City, KS. The concept of going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Kansas City, KS enterprises. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their operations. With a paperless workflow, you'll save on a variety of costs, make your clients happier, and improve your office workers' productivity. HITS has been helping Kansas City, KS organizations improve their workflows for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Kansas City, KS: Stats to Keep in My Mind
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of paper documents go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, filing a paper document costs $20, locating a missing documents costs $120, and reproducing a missing document costs $220
- Employees spend 5-15 percent of their day reading documents, but half their time looking for it
- 75 percent of the cost associated with paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the rest on storage and equipment
- Problems related to document management account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months annually
Taking all of that into consideration, it's not hard to see why more and more Kansas City, KS organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to be more cost-effective and enhance their internal processes.
8 Benefits of Going Paperless in Kansas City, KS
Switching to a paperless office can do wonders for your company, your office workers, your partners, and those you serve. The top 8 advantages you're likely to see when they go paperless in Kansas City, KS include:
- Save space — By going paperless, your office will be significantly less cluttered, which can boost productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers will be able to focus on the important aspects of their job; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — An office copier can cost as much as $15,000, not not to mention yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you'll also save on expenses like paper and ink, and your employees will have less down time while on the clock.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces are not only great for getting the creative juices flowing, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to have access to at the same time, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- Increase security — All organizations have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. By going paperless, you can control who inside and outside your organization has access to which documents, instead of anyone with physical access to the storage space being able to see them. Digital documents will also be recoverable in the event of a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Your clients need to have faith in you, and federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX guidelines, are essential for many Kansas City, KS businesses. With increased security clients' information will be better protected.
- Make a mobile workforce possible — Many employees like working remotely because they feel more productive, spend less time and money on commuting, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers get the benefit of less expenses on office supplies, access to more workers, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work remotely. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can benefit from remote work while still being able to collaborate efficiently.
- Go green — An office worker in the U.S. uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By going paperless, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which are harmful to the environment when they're disposed of.
How to Go Paperless in Kansas City, KS
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's complicated for any Kansas City, KS organization, especially if you have years' or even decades' worth of paper storage you need to retain . But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management experts like HITS, who, through experience and our innovative applications, have learned how to make the transition as easy as possible:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two groups, shred the ones that are no longer relevant, and digitize the others.
- Decide on a digital storage service — There's no shortage of software where you can store digital documents. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick what seems like the best option for your company. You'll have the option to consider cloud-based storage, on-premises storage, or hybrid storage.
- Move your workforce online — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not paper. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Turn note taking during meetings digital, so anyone involved with be able to quickly go retrieve the information.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be tech-savvy, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of analog storage. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or produce paper records while making the switch; make sure they're promptly transferred to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure to include others you work with with the changes. Tell them it's an exciting new opportunity that will make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Kansas City, KS
Without an agency experienced in helping Kansas City, KS businesses go paperless, important records might be destroyed or misplaced, or the migration may take much longer than you anticipated. At HITS, we've been helping Kansas City, KS companies go paperless and increase productivity for over 25 years. In that time, we've developed innovative and proven applications to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, our "going paperless" process can be completed in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two "piles": those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to keep
- Shred those that have met your retention policy
Once the documents you need to keep are in digital format, we can migrate your data to your preferred file types and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go service is specifically designed to help Kansas City, KS companies move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Kansas City, KS
Our values are in our name: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small the undertaking, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need digitized, HITS can handle it. If you've been thinking about going paperless, call us today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.