Go Paperless Rockville, MD
Go paperless in Rockville, MD. The idea of going paperless is becoming more and more appealing to Rockville, MD organizations. Roughly 80 percent of small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their operations. By going to a paperless office, you'll become more cost-efficient, will make life easier for your clients, and improve your office workers' productivity. HITS has been helping Rockville, MD organizations become the best versions of themselves for more than 25 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Rockville, MD: Stats to Know
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of paper documents are lost; 3 percent are misfiled
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, finding a lost documents costs $120, and reproducing a lost document costs $220
- Employees spend 5-15 percent of their time reviewing documents, but 50 percent of their time looking for it
- 75 percent of the cost associated with paper storage is paying employees for filing and finding them; the other quarter on cabinets, printers, toner, etc...
- Document related problems account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, or two working months per year
Given the above, it's easy to see why increasingly more Rockville, MD organizations are choosing to go paperless in order to be more cost-effective and improve their workflows.
8 Advantages of Going Paperless in Rockville, MD
Going paperless can do wonders for your company, your office workers, your partners, and your clients. The top 8 advantages you're likely to experience when they go paperless in Rockville, MD are:
- Save space — By going paperless, your office will be significantly less cluttered, which can enhance productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers won't be bogged down digging through cabinets instead of performing the core tasks of their job.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not not to mention yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you'll also save on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Open office spaces not only boost creativity, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to have access to at the same time, even when office workers are miles away from each other.
- More security — Most companies have sensitive information, either about their internal processes or their clients. By going paperless, you can control who inside and outside your organization has access to which documents, instead of anyone who happens to know what cabinet they're stored in. Digital documents are also safer in the event of a fire or break-in.
- Increase compliance — Customer trust and compliance with federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX requirements, are important for many Rockville, MD enterprises. With increased security your sensitive records will be easier to control.
- Make remote work possible — Many employees like working remotely because they feel like they can focus more, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and generally enjoy being home more than being at the office. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of reduced overhead, access to more workers, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work remotely. Going paperless is a great way for you and your workers to benefit from remote work while still being able to collaborate efficiently.
- Go green — The average American office worker uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which end up in landfills.
How to Go Paperless in Rockville, MD
While going paperless can benefit a lot of companies, it's a daunting task for any Rockville, MD organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management experts like HITS, who, through experience and our innovative applications, have learned how to make the transition as easy as possible:
- Scan your paper documents — This is the most common-sense place to start. Sort your documents into two groups, get rid of the ones you don't need, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Pick your digital storage service — There are hundreds of applications and software dedicated to online storage. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick which works best for you. Depending on your Rockville, MD company, you a cloud, on-premises hardware, or something in between.
- Move your workforce online — Ensure that newly created documents will be in digital format. Set up a system to send invoices and receive payments electronically and use e-signatures for contracts and other documents. Turn note taking during meetings digitalto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Some of your employees may already be comfortable moving on from paper, while others may be nervous about switching to a digital system after years of using paper. Make sure everyone knows what the knew processes and expectations are.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were partially paperless before, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new storage space.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're promptly transferred to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you've gone paperless internally, make sure others you work with or for are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Present it as an exciting change to make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Rockville, MD
Without an IT firm experienced in helping Rockville, MD organization go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the conversion may take much longer than you wanted. At HITS, we've been helping Rockville, MD companies go paperless and become more efficient for more than 25 years. In that time, we've developed innovative and proven applications to make the switch as stress-free as possible.
With our proprietary DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your paper records into two groups: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those you don't need anymore
Once the documents you need to keep are digitized, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management storage. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Rockville, MD companies who wish to move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Rockville, MD
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can rest easy knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small the undertaking, or however many years' worth of paper documents you need converted, HITS can handle it. To find out more, call us today at 314-837-4000 or get in touch with us online for a free quote.