Go Paperless Richmond Heights, MO
Go paperless in Richmond Heights, MO. Going paperless is becoming increasingly popular for Richmond Heights, MO businesses. Eight out of 10 small to medium size businesses want to eliminate paper from their operations. By moving on from paper, you'll become more cost-efficient, will make life easier for your clients, and improve your office workers' performance. HITS has been helping Richmond Heights, MO organizations improve their workflows for almost 30 years. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote and find out more about what we can do for you.
Go Paperless in Richmond Heights, MO: Stats to Know
The true cost of paper storage might surprise you:
- Roughly 7.5 percent of documents stored in an analog format go missing; 3 percent are filed in the wrong place
- On average, categorizing a paper document costs $20, locating a lost documents costs $120, and recreating a missing document costs $220
- Employees in an office setting spend 5-15 percent of their day reviewing documents, but 50 percent of their day trying to find it
- Three-quarters of the cost associated with paper storage is spent on salaries; the rest on cabinets, printers, toner, etc...
- Document related challenges account for a 20 percent loss in productivity, the equivalent of two working months each year
Given the above, it's not difficult to see why increasingly more Richmond Heights, MO organizations are making the decision to go paperless in order to be more cost-efficient and enhance their internal processes.
8 Benefits of A Paperless Office in Richmond Heights, MO
Going paperless has a huge impact on your business and those you work with inside and outside your company. The biggest 8 benefits you're likely to experience by going paperless in Richmond Heights, MO are:
- Save space — By going paperless, your work environment will be more open, which can improve productivity by up to 20%.
- Save time — Your office workers will be able to focus on the job you pay them for; not on finding the documents they need in order to do it.
- Save money — An office copier costs anywhere from $3,000 to $15,000, not including the cost of yearly maintenance or repairs. By going paperless, you won't spend any money on paper and ink cartridges and storage space, and you won't be paying employees to look for documents.
- Increase productivity — Uncluttered offices are not only great for creativity, but digital files are easier to share and for multiple people to have access to at the same time, even when office workers are not in the same place.
- Increase security — Most companies have documents that are private or sensitive. By going paperless, someone will need digital authorization, instead of just physical access to the paper. Digital documents are also safer if the unexpected happens, such as a natural disaster.
- Increase compliance — Your clients need to have faith in you, and federal regulations, such as HIPPA and SOX requirements, are essential for many Richmond Heights, MO organizations. With increased security your private information will be easier to control.
- Make a mobile workforce possible — Many office workers prefer to work away from the office because they feel more productive, do not have to deal with a twice-daily commute, and feel like have more autonomy. Employers also can enjoy a remote workforce because of less overhead, they can hire from a bigger talent pool, and employees may be more likely to stay if they can work from home. If you go paperless, both you and your employees can enjoy the benefits of remote work.
- Go green — The average American office worker uses a sheet of paper every 12 minutes. By dispensing of the need for paper, you can save some trees and eliminate ink and toners, which end up in landfills.
How to Move to a Paperless Workflow in Richmond Heights, MO
The advantages of a paperless workforce may be obvious, but, it's a daunting task for any Richmond Heights, MO organizationto drastically change their processes. But going paperless doesn't have to be difficult, especially when you employ records management experts like HITS, who, through experience and our innovative applications, make the process seamless and secure:
- Digitize your paper documents — This is the most obvious first step. Go through all of your paper documents, securely destroy the ones that are no longer relevant, and scan the others into a digital format.
- Pick your digital storage service — There's no shortage of software where you can store digital documents. Read their reviews and what they offer and pick which works best for you. Depending on your Richmond Heights, MO company, you a cloud, on-site storage, or a hybrid solution.
- Move your workforce online — You now need to make sure the new documents created will be digital and not paper. Use email invoices, e-signatures, and more to ensure all your processes now produce digital documents. Make other tasks such as note taking or document editing through your shared systemto get the benefits of better collaboration.
- Upskill your employees — Your employees are going to have different levels of comfort with the switch. Train your employees and make sure they're comfortable with your new system, and that everyone understands and has bought into your new processes.
- Move existing digital documents to the same system — If you were already storing some of your documents digitally, make sure those digital documents are also moved to your new system.
- Scan and shred newly made paper documents — You might still receive or make paper records while making the switch; make sure they're promptly transferred to digital and then securely destroyed.
- Share your new process with those outside the organization — Once you and your employees are comfortable with their internal process, make sure others you work with or for are able to easily adapt to the new changes. Present it as a great new opportunity to make life easier for everyone.
HITS' Approach to Going Paperless in Richmond Heights, MO
Without a company experienced in helping Richmond Heights, MO companies go paperless, you might accidentally lose important documents, or the migration may draw out for longer than you wanted. At HITS, we've been helping Richmond Heights, MO companies go paperless and improve their workflows for almost 30 years. With that experience, we've learned how to give our clients peace of mind throughout the process.
With our patent-pending DocuMiner® application, we help you go paperless in three easy steps:
- Sort your records into two groups: those you need and those you don't
- Scan the paper documents you need to hold onto
- Shred those you don't need anymore
Once the documents you need to keep are in digital format, we can migrate your data to the file types that work best for you and your new document management system. Our Paperless to Go was designed solely to help Richmond Heights, MO companies who wish to move to a remote workforce.
Call HITS Today to Go Paperless in Richmond Heights, MO
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. By going paperless with HITS, you can have peace of mind knowing that your documents and your clients' data are in good hands. However big or small your project, or however many piles of paper documents you need digitized, HITS will do the job efficiently and securely. For more information, call us today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.