Data Migration St. Peters, MO
Data Migration in St. Peters, MO. Data migration is a required process for St. Peters, MO businesses and corporations who are merging, modernizing their system, or going cloud. HITS has been producing and applying creative solutions for companies, corporations, and government agencies for more than two decades. By utilizing our unique applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and affordable. For data migration in St. Peters, MO, or any other information technology services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of selecting, preparing, extracting, and transferring data from one system to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are acquiring another when companies are updating their internal processes, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or a variety of other reasons.
Unfortunately, data migration can be a precarious undertaking, especially when larger amounts of data are being moved. A recent survey reported that 62% of projects were more complex than expected and 55% went over budget. 56% of respondents said that lack of expertise was a major factor. However, there is a way to mitigate those issues. Trust in an expert St. Peters, MO data migration and management company like HITS. Our turn-key process has been proven to protect your data and successfully transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in St. Peters, MO
As data migration can happen for reasons, there are several different varieties of of data migration that St. Peters, MO businesses and enterprises may need. We are experts in a range of data migration processes:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might require this because they are moving to other storage systems that are safer and can house more of it. Examples can include:
- Going from paper to digital documents
- Going from hard disc drives to faster and more durable data storage:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This is often needed when an organization is updating a a database where your data is already stored or migrating the data to an entirely new system. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can resolve problems with performance and reduce your storage subsystem's footprint.
- Application migration between environments:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software vendor, for example a hospital replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between locations:
This can happen when data is migrated from one data center — the physical location that stores and protects your data — to a different one, if the physical mainframes and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if an institution is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during acquisitions, if a business is rearranging its internal processes, or when a business is entering a different competitive field. These will involve the transfer of data about people who have purchased their services before, services, and warranties.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This is another comprehensive term that refers to many of the instances above where data is being migrated from paper or a data center to a cloud. One prediction stated that that by 2025 companies shifting to cloud will cause over $1.3 trillion in IT spending in 2022.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in St. Peters, MO
A lot goes into data migration, but generally the process can be broken down into 7 essential steps performed by an IT service in St. Peters, MO:
- Analyze the data: It's vital to have a deep comprehension of the media the data is in, where it is located, and where it will be migrated to. This is the best time to identify potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and analyze problems with data quality.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a sensible deadline. Not prudently planning the data migration could lead downtimes for your organization.
- Backup the data: As data migration is often a considerable undertaking, things can go wrong, even with a solid plan in place. We'll determine how to best backup your specific data, so if there are any missing files, or the if unexpected happens (such as a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and continue with the data migration with a new plan in place.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Different mediums of data will require different tools or applications for a successful migration. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Perform the data migration: Once the above steps have been taken care of, the time has come to actually migrate the data. We'll make certain that all the requisite permissions are in place and have a exhaustive checklist as the migration is being carried out. Early on, we'll know if our initial timeline is correct and if everything is functioning correctly. If there are any problems, we'll intervene immediately.
- Testing the final system: Now it's time validate the data is where it should be and in the correct format. To authenticate this, we'll perform unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was adequately tested at various stages, errors can still occur. We'll run a comprehensive audit of the process and its results and validate the status of the final data. If there is anything wrong, for example missing data, we can restore these files from the backup.
At HITS, we take ownership of every step of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use advanced tools and other applications and experience to ensure your data migration process in St. Peters, MO is cost-effective and efficient.
Other services we provide in St. Peters, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
St. Peters, MO Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can easily provide data migration services to companies and institutions anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and modernize how your information is recorded. We have been providing innovative and creative solutions in St. Peters, MO since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.