Data Migration Alexandria, VA
Data Migration in Alexandria, VA. Data migration is a necessary process for Alexandria, VA companies and organizations who are merging, modernizing their system, or going cloud. HITS has been innovating and helping organizations become more efficient and productive for over 25 years. With our unique applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and easy to fit under your budget. For data migration in Alexandria, VA, or any other data capture and document processing, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of selecting, preparing, extracting, and transferring data from one system to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are merging when companies are updating their internal processes, moving from storage in a data center to cloud, or a range of other reasons.
Unfortunately, there are known risks associated with data migration, particularly when larger amounts of data are being moved. A recent study reported that 62% of projects were more complex than originally thought and just over half cost more than they should have. 56% of respondents reported that lack of knowledge by the IT professionals played a major role in the mishaps. What can you do about it? Place your project in the hands of an experienced Alexandria, VA data capture and document processing specialist like HITS. Our turn-key operation has been proven to be effective, safe, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in Alexandria, VA
Data migration is a broad term that encompasses many different specific processes in Alexandria, VA. Some of the data migration we assist our clients with include:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might require this because they are moving to other storage systems that are safer and can house more of it. Examples can include:
- Going from paper to digital documents
- Going from hard disc drives to solid-state drives:
- Going from a data center to cloud
- Database migration:
This can include upgrading a a database management system where your data is already stored or migrating the data to an entirely new system. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can sort out performance issues and reduce your storage subsystem's footprint.
- Application migration between computing environments:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software vendor, for example a hospital replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their internal record keeping software.
- Data center migrations between servers:
This is when data is migrated from one data center — the physical place that stores and protects your data — to a different one, if the physical computers and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if an organization is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
These are needed during mergers, if a business is reorganizing its internal processes, or when a company is providing a brand new service. These will involve the transfer of data about clients, services, and warranties.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This is another broad term that refers to many of the instances above where data is being moved to a cloud environment. One prediction stated that that by 2025 the public cloud service market could reach $623.3 billion by 2023.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Alexandria, VA
Successful data migration depends on your Alexandria, VA IT service following 7 essential steps:
- Analyze the data: It's vital to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. This is the best opportunity to ascertain potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and analyze issues that might come up in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: It's important to carefully determine the size and scope of the project to determine the resources necessary and a practical timeline for completing the project. We'll also plan out the data migration so that it will not interfere with normal operations.
- Backup the data: Like any technical process, things can go wrong in data migration. Backing up data is essential in the event of any missing data, or the if something unpredictable (for instance a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and adjust our plan accordingly.
- Asses the migration tool: Depending on the current form of the data being migrated, we'll find the best tool to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Cary out the data migration: Once the above steps have been taken care of, it's time to perform our plan. We'll make sure all the necessary permissions are in place and follow a comprehensive checklist during the migration. Early on, we'll have a good idea if we're on pace for our initial timeline and see if there are any unforeseen problems with the plan. If there are any problems, we'll work on a resolution immediately.
- Testing the final system: Ensure the data is protected, correct, and in the proper location. To authenticate this, we'll perform volume, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll run a comprehensive audit of the system and data quality and ensure the quality of the final product. If there is anything wrong, such as corrupt data, we can restore these files from the backup.
At HITS, we are heavily involved with every step of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use industry knowledge and other applications and experience to make certain that your data migration process in Alexandria, VA is affordable and efficient.
Other IT services we offer in Alexandria, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Alexandria, VA Data Migration Services | HITS
As we our operations are based in the middle of the country, we can conveniently provide data migration services to companies and enterprises across the U.S.. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and optimize how your data is recorded. We have been providing innovative and creative solutions in Alexandria, VA since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.