Data Migration Kansas City, KS
Data Migration in Kansas City, KS. Data migration is a necessary operation for Kansas City, KS businesses and enterprises who are making an acquisition, updating their software, or going cloud. HITS has been producing and implementing creative solutions for companies, institutions, and government agencies for over two decades. With our proprietary applications, we can make your data migration process straightforward and affordable. For data migration in Kansas City, KS, or any other document services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote. It can be used when companies or organizations move to new software when companies are going paperless, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or a variety of other motivations.
Unfortunately, data migration can be a risky undertaking, particularly when significant amounts of data are being transferred. A recent study found that 62% of projects were more difficult than originally thought and just over half went over budget. 56% of companies that replied said that lack of expertise was a major factor. What can you do about it? Hire a talented Kansas City, KS data capture and conversion specialist like HITS. Our turn-key operation has been proven to keep your data safe and efficiently transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in Kansas City, KS
As there are many different motivations to seek out data migration, there are many different kinds of data migration that Kansas City, KS businesses and enterprises may need. We are experts in a range of data migration processes:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might require this because they are moving to other storage systems that protect data better and can house more of it. Examples can include:
- Going paperless
- Going from hard disc drives to solid-state drives:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This can include updating a existing database management system or migrating the data to an entirely new system. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can resolve problems with performance and and lower power costs.
- Application migration between environments:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software vendor, for example a hospital upgrading to a better electronic health record system, or a business replacing their HR software.
- Data center migrations between locations:
This is when data is migrated from one data center — the actual location data is stored in on-site — to a different one, if a company is investing in new mainframes and wires, or if an institution is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during acquisitions, if a business is restructuring its operations, or when a company is entering a different competitive field. These will involve the transfer of data about clients, services, and operations.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This is another comprehensive term that refers to many of the instances above where data is being migrated to a cloud environment. Experts predict that by 2025 companies shifting to cloud will cause over $1.3 trillion in IT spending in 2022.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Kansas City, KS
A lot goes into data migration, but generally the process can be broken down into 7 essential steps carried out by an IT service in Kansas City, KS:
- Analyze the data: It's essential to have a thorough comprehension of the media the data is in, where it is currently stored, and where it will be moved to. This is the best opportunity to identify potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and identify issues that might arise in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Plan the data migration: It's important to grasp the size and scope of the project to determine the resources necessary and a practical timeline for completing the project. We'll also plan out the data migration so that it will not interfere with normal operations.
- Backup the data: As data migration is often a massive undertaking, there can still be blind spots with the plan. Backing up data is essential in the event of any incomplete files, or the if circumstances outside of our control arise (such as a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and adjust our plan accordingly.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Different mediums of data will require different tools or applications for a successful migration. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Cary out the data migration: Once we're confident with our plan and the data is backed up, the time has come to actually migrate the data. We'll ensure all the requisite permissions are applied and have a detailed checklist during the migration. In the initial stages, we'll know if our initial deadline is correct and if everything is functioning correctly. If anything comes up, we'll work on a solution immediately.
- Testing the final system: Now it's time confirm the data is where it's supposed to be and in the appropriate format. To verify this, we'll conduct volume, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was tested before and after the migration, errors can still occur. We'll carry out a comprehensive audit of the new version of your data and verify the condition of the ultimate data. If there is anything wrong, for instance incomplete data, we'll still have the backup to restore it.
At HITS, we are hands on every step of your data migration process. We use innovative technology and other resources and experience to ensure your data migration process in Kansas City, KS is affordable and runs smoothly.
Other data and document management servicesdata capture and conversion we provide in Kansas City, KS are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Kansas City, KS Data Migration Services | HITS
As we our operations are based in the middle of the country, we can easily provide data migration services to businesses and organizations from coast to coast. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and optimize your data storage system. We have been helping businesses and corporations in Kansas City, KS since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.