Data Migration Bethesda, MD
Data Migration in Bethesda, MD. Data migration is a required procedure for Bethesda, MD companies and corporations who are merging, modernizing their system, or going cloud. HITS has become an industry leader in IT services and data management over the last 25 years. With our patent-pending applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and affordable. For data migration in Bethesda, MD, or any other document services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of transferring internal data from one storage system or computing environment to another. It can be used when companies or organizations move to new software when companies are streamlining their internal processes, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or in a variety of other circumstances.
Unfortunately, data migration can be a precarious undertaking, and the risk increases the more data is being transported. A recent study found that 62% of projects were more complicated than expected and just over half cost more than they should have. 56% of companies that replied stated that lack of expertise played a major role in the mishaps. How can you avoid those pitfalls? Place your project in the hands of an experienced Bethesda, MD data capture and conversion firm like HITS. Our turn-key operation has been proven to be effective, secure, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in Bethesda, MD
As data migration can happen for reasons, there are many different categories of data migration that Bethesda, MD businesses and organizations may need. Some of the data migration we assist our clients with include:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might require this because they are moving to other storage systems that protect data better and can store more of it. Examples can include:
- Going paperless
- Going from tapes to hard disc drives:
- Going from mainframes to cloud
- Database migration:
This can include upgrading a existing database management system or switching to a new database from a different provider. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can solve performance issues and reduce your storage subsystem's footprint.
- Application migration to new computing environments:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software vendor, for example a hospital replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their HR software.
- Data center migrations between hard drives:
This can happen when data is transferred from one data center — the physical place that stores and protects your data — to another, if a company is moving to new computers and wires, or if an enterprise is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during mergers, if a business is changing its internal processes, or when a company is entering a different competitive field. These will involve the transfer of data about people who have purchased their services before, products, and taxes.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being transferred from paper or a data center to a cloud. Experts predict that by 2025 companies shifting to cloud will cause over $1.3 trillion in IT spending in 2022.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Bethesda, MD
Successful data migration depends on your Bethesda, MD IT service following 7 essential steps:
- Identify the current status of the data: It's key to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. This is an optimal time to ascertain potential risks, how we'll respond to them and other security concerns, and ascertain issues that might arise in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a realistic deadline. We'll also plan out the data migration so that it will not interfere with normal operations.
- Backup the data: Even with an understanding of the project and a plan in place, things can go wrong in data migration. Backing up data is essential in the event of any corrupt data, or the if circumstances outside of our control arise (such as a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and complete the data migration successfully.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Different mediums of data will require different tools or applications for a successful migration. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Perform the data migration: Once we're confident with our plan and the data is backed up, it's time to perform our plan. We'll ensure all the requisite permissions are in place and have a detailed checklist during the migration. In the initial stages, we'll know if our initial timeline is correct and if everything is functioning correctly. If there are any problems, we'll work on a resolution immediately.
- Testing the final system: Now it's time validate the data is where it should be and in the appropriate format. In the testing stage, we'll carry out volume, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was tested before and after the migration, errors can still occur. We'll run an exhaustive audit of the new version of your data and ensure the condition of the final product. If there are errors, for instance corrupt data, we can correct the issue using the backup files.
At HITS, we take ownership of every step of your data migration process. We use advanced tools and other applications and experience to make certain that your data migration process in Bethesda, MD is cost-effective and successful.
Other data capture and document processing we provide in Bethesda, MD are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Bethesda, MD Data Migration Services | HITS
As we our operations are based in the middle of the country, we can conveniently provide data migration services to businesses and institutions anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you run more effectively and optimize your data storage system. We have been helping companies and organizations in Bethesda, MD since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.