Data Migration Creve Coeur, MO
Data Migration in Creve Coeur, MO. Data migration is a necessary operation for Creve Coeur, MO businesses and institutions who are merging, modernizing their system, or going paperless. HITS has been producing and implementing creative solutions for businesses, corporations, and government agencies for over 25 years. With our proprietary applications, we can make your data migration process simple and easy to fit under your budget. For data migration in Creve Coeur, MO, or any other information technology services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of selecting, preparing, extracting, and transferring data from one system to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are acquiring another when companies are going paperless, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or in a variety of other situations.
Unfortunately, data migration can be a precarious undertaking, especially when larger amounts of data are being transferred. A recent study reported that 62% of projects were more complicated than anticipated and 55% cost more than they should have. 56% of companies that replied stated that lack of expertise played a major role in the mishaps. How can you avoid those pitfalls? Place your project in the hands of an expert Creve Coeur, MO data capture and conversion company like HITS. Our turn-key services has been proven to keep your data safe and successfully transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in Creve Coeur, MO
As data migration can happen for reasons, there are many different kinds of data migration that Creve Coeur, MO companies and enterprises may need. We are experts in a range of data migration processes:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might need this because they are going to new storage devices that are more secure or have more storage capabilities. Examples can include:
- Going from paper to digital documents
- Going from hard disc drives to faster and more durable data storage:
- Going from a data center to cloud
- Database migration:
This is often needed when an organization is upgrading a current database management system or switching to a new database from a different provider. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can solve performance issues and reduce your database's footprint.
- Application migration to new computing environments:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software provider, for example a healthcare provider replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between mainframes:
This is when data is migrated from one data center — the physical place data is kept in on-site — to a different one, if a company is moving to new mainframes and wires, or if an enterprise is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during mergers, if a business is rearranging its operations, or when a business is providing a brand new service. These will involve the transfer of data about clients, products, and operations.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being migrated to a cloud environment. One prediction stated that that by 2025 companies shifting to cloud will cause over $1.3 trillion in IT spending in 2022.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Creve Coeur, MO
Creve Coeur, MO IT services that effectively migrate data use a 7 step process:
- Analyze the data: It's important to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. During this stage, we'll work to spot potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and ascertain problems with data quality.
- Plan the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a sensible deadline. Additionally, this will allow us to plan the migration in a way that does not lead to extended downtime.
- Backup the data: Even with an understanding of the project and a plan in place, things can go wrong in data migration. We'll determine how to best backup your specific data, so if there are any missing data, or the if circumstances outside of our control arise (such as a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and complete the data migration successfully.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Different mediums of data will require different tools or applications for a successful migration. At HITS, we have access to a variety of different tools to get the best outcome in your project.
- Cary out the data migration: Once the plan is in place, the data is backed up, and you've chosen the right tool, it's time to perform our plan. We'll make sure all the required permissions are applied and go through a detailed checklist as the migration is being carried out. In the initial stages, we'll know if our initial timeline is correct and if everything is functioning correctly. If anything comes up, we'll intervene immediately.
- Testing the final system: Now it's time confirm the data is where it should be and in the appropriate format. In the testing stage, we'll perform system, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll perform an exhaustive audit of the process and its results and validate the condition of the final product. If there is anything wrong, for instance incomplete data, we can restore these files from the backup.
At HITS, we take ownership of every part of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use advanced tools and other resources and experience to make certain that your data migration process in Creve Coeur, MO is affordable and efficient.
Other services we offer in Creve Coeur, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Creve Coeur, MO Data Migration Services | HITS
As we our operations are based in the middle of the country, we can conveniently provide data migration services to businesses and institutions across the U.S.. HITS will help you run more effectively and optimize your data storage system. We have been an industry leader in Creve Coeur, MO since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.