Data Migration Atlanta, GA
Data Migration in Atlanta, GA. Data migration is a required operation for Atlanta, GA companies and organizations who are merging, updating their software, or going paperless. HITS has been innovating and helping organizations become more efficient and productive for over 25 years. By utilizing our patent-pending applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and easy to fit under your budget. For data migration in Atlanta, GA, or any other data capture and document processing, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of transferring internal data from one storage system or computing environment to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are acquiring another when companies are going paperless, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or myriad other motivations.
Unfortunately, there are known risks associated with data migration, and the risk increases the more data is being moved. A recent survey stated that 62% of projects were more complicated than anticipated and just over half went over budget. 56% of respondents reported that lack of knowledge by the IT professionals was a contributing factor. However, there is a way to mitigate those risks. Place your project in the hands of a knowledgeable Atlanta, GA data capture and document processing firm like HITS. Our turn-key process has been proven to protect your data and efficiently transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in Atlanta, GA
Data migration is a broad term that encompasses many different specific processes in Atlanta, GA. We provide the following types of data migration:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might need this because they are moving to other storage systems that protect data better and can house more of it. Examples can include:
- Going from paper to digital documents
- Going from tapes to hard disc drives:
- Going from a data center to cloud
- Database migration:
This is often needed when an organization is upgrading a a database management system where your data is already stored or switching to a new database from a different provider. Different databases can resolve problems with performance and lead to lower energy bills.
- Application migration between platforms:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software provider, for example a hospital replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between locations:
This can happen when data is migrated from one data center — the physical location data is housed in on-site — to a different one, if the physical mainframes and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if an enterprise is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
These are needed during mergers, if a business is restructuring its operations, or when a business is entering a different competitive field. These will involve the transfer of data about customers, services, and taxes.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Atlanta, GA
A lot goes into data migration, but generally the process can be broken down into 7 essential steps carried out by an IT service in Atlanta, GA:
- Analyze the data: It's important to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. During this stage, we'll work to ascertain potential risks, how we'll respond to them and other security issues, and spot problems with data integrity.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a practical deadline. Additionally, this will allow us to plan the migration in a way that minimally interferes with your normal operations.
- Backup the data: Like any technical process, things can go wrong in data migration. Backing up your data protects you from any corrupt data, or the if unexpected happens (for example a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and complete the data migration successfully.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Depending on your data's current state,, we'll find the best tool to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we utilize a variety of different tools to get the best outcome in your project.
- Perform the data migration: Once the plan is in place, the data is backed up, and you've chosen the right tool, the time has come to actually migrate the data. We'll ensure all the required permissions are applied and follow a exhaustive checklist during the migration. Early on, we'll know if our initial timeline is correct and if everything is functioning correctly. If there are any problems, we'll take immediate action.
- Testing the final system: Make sure there are no connectivity problems, and all the data arrived at the right locations in the right format. To authenticate this, we'll carry out unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was adequately tested at various stages, errors can still occur. We'll carry out an exhaustive audit of the process and its results and ensure the status of the final data. If there are errors, for example corrupt data, we can correct the issue using the backup files.
At HITS, we are hands on every step of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use industry knowledge and other applications and experience to make sure your data migration process in Atlanta, GA is cost-effective and efficient.
Other services we provide in Atlanta, GA are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Atlanta, GA Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can conveniently provide data migration services to companies and institutions anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and optimize your data storage system. We have been an industry leader in Atlanta, GA since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.