Data Migration Takoma Park, MD
Data Migration in Takoma Park, MD. Data migration is a necessary tool for Takoma Park, MD businesses and organizations who are merging, modernizing their system, or going paperless. HITS has become an industry leader in IT services and data management over the last 25 years. With our proprietary applications, we can make your data migration process straightforward and cost-effective. For data migration in Takoma Park, MD, or any other information technology services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of selecting, preparing, extracting, and transferring data from one system to another. It can be used when companies or organizations move to new software when companies are streamlining their internal processes, moving from storage in a data center to cloud, or in myriad other circumstances.
Unfortunately, there are known risks associated with data migration, and the risk increases the more data is being transferred. A recent survey found that 62% of projects were more complex than anticipated and 55% cost more than they should have. 56% of companies that replied reported that lack of knowledge by the IT professionals was a major factor. What can you do about it? Place your project in the hands of a knowledgeable Takoma Park, MD data migration and management company like HITS. Our turn-key services has been proven to protect your data and successfully transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in Takoma Park, MD
As there are many different motivations to seek out data migration, there are several different varieties of of data migration that Takoma Park, MD businesses and organizations may need. We are experts in a range of data migration processes:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might necessitate this because they are moving to other storage systems that protect data better and can store more of it. Examples can include:
- Going from paper to digital documents
- Going from tapes to hard disc drives:
- Going from mainframes to cloud
- Database migration:
This is often needed when an organization is updating a existing database management system or migrating the data to an entirely new system. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can solve performance issues and reduce your database's footprint.
- Application migration between computing environments:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software vendor, for example a hospital replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between hard drives:
This is when data needs to be moved from one data center — the actual mainframes that stores and protects your data — to another, if the physical mainframes and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if a corporation is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during mergers, if a business is optimizing its operations, or when a company is providing a brand new service. These will involve the transfer of data about people who have purchased their services before, products, and warranties.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being transferred from paper or computers to a cloud. Experts predict that by 2025 more than 100 zettabytes of data, about half of the data expected to exist.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Takoma Park, MD
Takoma Park, MD IT services that efficiently migrate data use a 7 step process:
- Determine the current status of the data: It's essential to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. During this stage, we'll work to analyze potential risks, how we'll respond to them and other security issues, and spot problems that might arise in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Plan the data migration: It's important to carefully determine the size and scope of the project to determine the resources necessary and a practical timeline for completing the project. We'll also plan out the data migration so that it will not interfere with normal operations.
- Backup the data: Like any technical process, things can go wrong in data migration. We'll determine how to best backup your specific data, so if there are any incomplete files, or the if something unpredictable (such as a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and continue with the data migration with a new plan in place.
- Asses the migration tool: Different mediums of data will require different tools or applications for a successful migration. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Execute the data migration: Once the plan is in place, the data is backed up, and you've chosen the right tool, the time has come to actually migrate the data. We'll ensure all the requisite permissions are applied and go through a exhaustive checklist during the migration. In the initial stages, we'll know if our initial deadline is reasonable and if everything is functioning correctly. If there are any problems, we'll take immediate action.
- Testing the final system: Ensure the data is protected, correct, and in the correct location. In the testing stage, we'll carry out system, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll conduct an exhaustive audit of the process and its results and validate the status of the ultimate data. If there is anything wrong, for example incomplete data, we can correct the issue using the backup files.
At HITS, we are hands on every step of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use industry knowledge and other applications and experience to make certain that your data migration process in Takoma Park, MD is cost-effective and efficient.
Other IT services we provide in Takoma Park, MD are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Takoma Park, MD Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can conveniently provide data migration services to companies and corporations anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you run more effectively and optimize your data storage system. We have been helping companies and organizations in Takoma Park, MD since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.