Data Migration Chicago, IL
Data Migration in Chicago, IL. Data migration is a required operation for Chicago, IL companies and enterprises who are merging, modernizing their system, or going cloud. HITS has become an industry leader in IT services and data management over the last 25 years. With our proprietary applications, we can make your data migration process straightforward and easy to fit under your budget. For data migration in Chicago, IL, or any other document services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of selecting, preparing, extracting, and transferring data from one system to another. It can be used when companies or organizations move to new software when companies are going paperless, moving from storage in a data center to cloud, or a range of other motivations.
Unfortunately, data migration does come with some uncertainty, particularly when significant amounts of data are being transported. A recent study found that 62% of projects were more complicated than expected and just over half went over budget. 56% of companies that replied said that lack of expertise played a major role in the mishaps. However, there is a way to mitigate those risks. Place your project in the hands of an experienced Chicago, IL data capture and conversion specialist like HITS. Our turn-key process has been proven to be successful, safe, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in Chicago, IL
As there are many different motivations to seek out data migration, there are many different kinds of data migration that Chicago, IL businesses and organizations may need. We are experts in a range of data migration processes:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might require this because they are moving to other storage systems that are more secure and can store more of it. Examples can include:
- Going paperless
- Going from tapes to hard disc drives:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This refers to updating a a database where your data is already stored or migrating the data to an entirely new system. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can solve problems with performance and lead to lower energy bills.
- Application migration between environments:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software provider, for example a hospital replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their internal record keeping software.
- Data center migrations between locations:
This can happen when data needs to be moved from one data center — the physical place data is housed in on-site — to a different one, if a company is investing in new computers and wires, or if an enterprise is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during acquisitions, if a business is optimizing its operations, or when a company is providing a brand new service. These will involve the transfer of data about clients, services, and taxes.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being migrated to a cloud environment. One prediction stated that that by 2025 companies shifting to cloud will cause over $1.3 trillion in IT spending in 2022.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Chicago, IL
Successful data migration depends on your Chicago, IL IT service following 7 essential steps:
- Analyze the data: It's important to have a thorough understanding of the media the data is in, where it is located, and where it will be moved to. This is the best opportunity to spot potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and identify problems that might come up in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: It's important to grasp the size and scope of the project to determine the resources necessary and a sensible timeline for completing the project. Not prudently planning the data migration could lead downtimes for your organization.
- Backup the data: As data migration is often a considerable undertaking, things can go wrong, even with a solid plan in place. Backing up your data protects you from any corrupt files, or the if something unpredictable (for example a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and adjust our plan accordingly.
- Asses the migration tool: Depending on the current form of the data being migrated, we'll find the best application to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Execute the data migration: Once the plan is in place, the data is backed up, and you've chosen the right tool, we can finally go through with our plan. We'll make certain that all the requisite permissions are applied and have a exhaustive checklist during the migration. Within the first few hours, we'll have a good idea if we're on pace for our initial timeline and see if there are any unforeseen problems with the plan. If there are any problems, we'll intervene immediately.
- Testing the final system: Now it's time validate the data is where it should be and in the appropriate format. In the testing stage, we'll perform unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll conduct a comprehensive audit of the new version of your data and verify the condition of the final data. If there is anything wrong, such as missing data, we can restore these files from the backup.
At HITS, we are heavily involved with every part of your data migration process. We use industry knowledge and other applications and experience to ensure your data migration process in Chicago, IL is cost-effective and runs smoothly.
Other services we offer in Chicago, IL are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Chicago, IL Data Migration Services | HITS
As we our operations are based in the middle of the country, we can conveniently provide data migration services to businesses and enterprises anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you run more effectively and modernize how your information is recorded. We have been providing innovative and creative solutions in Chicago, IL since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.