Data Migration Herndon, VA
Data Migration in Herndon, VA. Data migration is a necessary process for Herndon, VA companies and organizations who are merging, updating their software, or going cloud. HITS has been creating and implementing innovative solutions for businesses, corporations, and government agencies for more than two decades. By utilizing our unique applications, we can make your data migration process simple and cost-effective. For data migration in Herndon, VA, or any other data management, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote. It can be used when companies or organizations are merging when companies are updating their internal processes, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or in myriad other situations.
Unfortunately, there are known risks associated with data migration, particularly when significant amounts of data are being transferred. A recent study stated that 62% of projects were more complex than anticipated and 55% went over budget. 56% of companies that replied said that lack of knowledge by the IT professionals was a major factor. What can you do about it? Place your project in the hands of a talented Herndon, VA data migration and management firm like HITS. Our turn-key services has been proven to protect your data and successfully transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in Herndon, VA
As data migration can happen for reasons, there are many different types of data migration that Herndon, VA businesses and organizations may need. Some of the data migration we assist our clients with include:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might necessitate this because they are moving to other storage systems that protect data better and can store more of it. Examples can include:
- Going from paper to digital documents
- Going from tapes to hard disc drives:
- Going from mainframes to cloud
- Database migration:
This refers to updating a a database management system where your data is already stored or migrating the data to an entirely new system. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can solve problems with performance and and lower power costs.
- Application migration to new platforms:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software provider, for example a healthcare provider upgrading to a better electronic health record system, or a business replacing their internal record keeping software.
- Data center migrations between hard drives:
This is when data is migrated from one data center — the physical mainframes data is housed in on-premises — to a different one, if the physical computers and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if an institution is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during mergers, if a business is rearranging its internal processes, or when a company is entering a new market. These will involve the transfer of data about customers, services, and operations.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being migrated to a cloud environment. One prediction stated that that by 2025 companies shifting to cloud will cause over $1.3 trillion in IT spending in 2022.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Herndon, VA
Herndon, VA IT services that effectively migrate data use a 7 step process:
- Analyze the data: It's crucial to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. During this stage, we'll work to analyze potential risks, how we'll address them and other security issues, and analyze problems with data integrity.
- Plan the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a realistic deadline. Additionally, this will allow us to plan the migration in a way that does not lead to extended downtime.
- Backup the data: Even with an understanding of the project and a plan in place, things can go wrong in data migration. Backing up data is essential in the event of any corrupt data, or the if something unpredictable (such as a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and continue with the data migration with a new plan in place.
- Asses the migration tool: Based on how your data is currently stored,, we'll find the best application to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Execute the data migration: Once we're confident with our plan and the data is backed up, it's time to carry out our plan. We'll ensure all the requisite permissions are applied and go through a detailed checklist as the migration is being performed. Early on, we'll know if our initial timeline is reasonable and if everything is functioning correctly. If there are any problems, we'll take immediate action.
- Testing the final system: Now it's time confirm the data is where it's supposed to be and in the correct format. In the testing stage, we'll perform unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll conduct a comprehensive audit of the process and its results and verify the status of the final product. If there are errors, such as incomplete data, we can restore these files from the backup.
At HITS, we take ownership of every step of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use advanced tools and other applications and experience to ensure your data migration process in Herndon, VA is cost-effective and successful.
Other services we provide in Herndon, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Herndon, VA Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are centrally located in the U.S., we can easily provide data migration services to businesses and enterprises from coast to coast. HITS will help you operate more effectively and optimize your data storage system. We have been providing innovative and creative solutions in Herndon, VA since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.