Data Migration Arlington, VA
Data Migration in Arlington, VA. Data migration is a necessary tool for Arlington, VA businesses and institutions who are making an acquisition, modernizing their system, or going paperless. HITS has been producing and applying creative solutions for companies, enterprises, and government agencies for more than 25 years. With our patent-pending applications, we can make your data migration process straightforward and cost-effective. For data migration in Arlington, VA, or any other data entry services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of transferring internal data from one storage system or computing environment to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are merging when companies are updating their internal processes, moving from storage in a data center to cloud, or numerous other reasons.
Unfortunately, there are known risks associated with data migration, and the risk increases the more data is being transported. A recent study found that 62% of projects were harder than anticipated and 55% went over budget. 56% of respondents said that lack of expertise was a major factor. However, there is a way to mitigate those issues. Hire an experienced Arlington, VA data migration and management specialist like HITS. Our turn-key process has been proven to be effective, secure, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in Arlington, VA
Data migration is a broad term that encompasses many different specific processes in Arlington, VA. We provide the following types of data migration:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might require this because they are moving to other storage systems that are more secure and can house more of it. Examples can include:
- Moving information from paper to a computerized system
- Going from tapes to hard disc drives:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This is often needed when an organization is upgrading a current database management system or moving your data to a completely new database. Different databases can sort out performance issues and lead to lower energy bills.
- Application migration between computing environments:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software provider, for example a healthcare provider upgrading to a better electronic health record system, or a business replacing their HR software.
- Data center migrations between locations:
This is when data is transferred from one data center — the actual place that stores and protects your data — to a different one, if a company is moving to new computers and wires, or if an institution is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during acquisitions, if a business is restructuring its internal processes, or when a company is entering a different competitive field. These will involve the transfer of data about people who have purchased their services before, products, and taxes.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being moved to a cloud environment. One prediction stated that that by 2025 the public cloud service market could reach $623.3 billion by 2023.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Arlington, VA
A lot goes into data migration, but generally the process can be broken down into 7 essential steps performed by an IT service in Arlington, VA:
- Identify the current data format and location: It's crucial to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. This is the best opportunity to analyze potential risks, how we'll respond to them and other security concerns, and ascertain issues with data quality.
- Plan the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a practical deadline. We'll also plan out the data migration so that it will not interfere with normal operations.
- Backup the data: Even with an understanding of the project and a plan in place, things can go wrong in data migration. Backing up data is essential in the event of any missing files, or the if unexpected happens (such as a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and complete the data migration successfully.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Depending on your data's current state,, we'll find the best application to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Cary out the data migration: Once we're confident with our plan and the data is backed up, the time has come to actually migrate the data. We'll make sure all the required permissions are in place and go through a exhaustive checklist during the migration. Early on, we'll know if our initial timeline is correct and if everything is functioning correctly. If there are any problems, we'll work on a solution immediately.
- Testing the final system: Make sure there are no connectivity problems, and all the data arrived at the right locations in the right format. To authenticate this, we'll perform system, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll carry out an exhaustive audit of the new version of your data and validate the condition of the final data. If there are errors, such as incomplete data, we can correct the issue using the backup files.
At HITS, we are hands on every step of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use advanced tools and other resources and experience to make sure your data migration process in Arlington, VA is affordable and successful.
Other data capture and document processing we provide in Arlington, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Arlington, VA Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can conveniently provide data migration services to businesses and organizations across the U.S.. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and optimize how your data is recorded. We have been providing innovative and creative solutions in Arlington, VA since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.