Data Migration Blue Springs, MO
Data Migration in Blue Springs, MO. Data migration is a necessary operation for Blue Springs, MO businesses and corporations who are merging, modernizing their system, or going cloud. HITS has been innovating and helping organizations become more efficient and productive for over 25 years. By utilizing our unique applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and affordable. For data migration in Blue Springs, MO, or any other document services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of selecting, preparing, extracting, and transferring data from one system to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are merging when companies are going paperless, moving from storage in a data center to cloud, or in myriad other circumstances.
Unfortunately, data migration can be a precarious undertaking, particularly when significant amounts of data are being moved. A recent study found that 62% of projects were more complex than anticipated and 55% went over budget. 56% of companies that replied stated that lack of expertise played a major role in the mishaps. What can you do about it? Place your project in the hands of a talented Blue Springs, MO data capture and document processing firm like HITS. Our turn-key operation has been proven to be successful, secure, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in Blue Springs, MO
Data migration is a broad term that encompasses many different specific processes in Blue Springs, MO. Some of the data migration we provide clients with include:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might necessitate this because they are moving to other storage systems that are more secure and can store more of it. Examples can include:
- Going paperless
- Going from tapes to hard disc drives:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This is often needed when an organization is upgrading a a database you already use or migrating the data to an entirely new system. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can resolve performance issues and and lower power costs.
- Application migration between platforms:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software provider, for example a healthcare provider replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their internal record keeping software.
- Data center migrations between mainframes:
This can happen when data is transferred from one data center — the physical location data is stored in on-site — to another, if the physical hard drives and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if a corporation is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
These are needed during mergers, if a business is reorganizing its operations, or when a company is providing a brand new service. These will involve the transfer of data about clients, services, and internal record keeping.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This is another broad term that refers to many of the instances above where data is being transferred to a cloud environment. One prediction stated that that by 2025 the public cloud service market could reach $623.3 billion by 2023.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Blue Springs, MO
A lot goes into data migration, but generally the process can be broken down into 7 essential steps performed by an IT service in Blue Springs, MO:
- Determine the current status of the data: It's essential to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. During this stage, we'll work to analyze potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and ascertain problems that might come up in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Plan the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a sensible deadline. Not prudently planning the data migration could lead downtimes for your organization.
- Backup the data: Like any technical process, things can go wrong in data migration. We'll determine how to best backup your specific data, so if there are any missing files, or the if unexpected happens (for instance a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and complete the data migration successfully.
- Asses the migration tool: Based on how your data is currently stored,, we'll find the best application to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we implement a variety of different applications to get the best outcome in your project.
- Perform the data migration: Once we're confident with our plan and the data is backed up, it's time to perform our plan. We'll make certain that all the mandatory permissions are in place and follow a exhaustive checklist during the migration. Within the first few hours, we'll be able to adjust our timeline if necessary and see if there are any unforeseen problems with the plan. If there are any problems, we'll intervene immediately.
- Testing the final system: Make sure there are no connectivity issues, and all the data arrived at the right locations in the right format. In the testing stage, we'll carry out unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll perform a comprehensive audit of the system and data quality and validate the quality of the final data. If there are errors, for instance corrupt data, we'll still have the backup to restore it.
At HITS, we are heavily involved with every part of your data migration process. We use innovative technology and other resources and experience to make sure your data migration process in Blue Springs, MO is affordable and efficient.
Other IT services we provide in Blue Springs, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Blue Springs, MO Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can conveniently provide data migration services to companies and enterprises across the U.S.. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and optimize how your information is stored. We have been helping businesses and institutions in Blue Springs, MO since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.