Data Migration St. Louis, MO
Data Migration in St. Louis, MO. Data migration is a required tool for St. Louis, MO businesses and enterprises who are merging, modernizing their system, or going paperless. HITS has become an industry leader in IT services and data management over the last 25 years. With our proprietary applications, we can make your data migration process straightforward and cost-effective. For data migration in St. Louis, MO, or any other data capture and conversion, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of selecting, preparing, extracting, and transferring data from one system to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are acquiring another when companies are streamlining their internal processes, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or in myriad other situations.
Unfortunately, there are known risks that come with data migration, especially when significant amounts of data are being transferred. A recent survey reported that 62% of projects were harder than anticipated and just over half cost more than they should have. 56% of companies that replied said that lack of knowledge by the IT professionals played a major role in the mishaps. What can you do about it? Trust in an experienced St. Louis, MO data capture and document processing company like HITS. Our turn-key data migration has been proven to be effective, safe, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in St. Louis, MO
As data migration can happen for reasons, there are several different types of data migration that St. Louis, MO companies and enterprises may need. Some of the data migration we provide clients with include:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might necessitate this because they are moving to other storage systems that are safer and can store more of it. Examples can include:
- Moving information from paper to a computerized system
- Going from tapes to hard disc drives:
- Going from mainframes to cloud
- Database migration:
This is often needed when an organization is updating a a database management system where your data is already stored or switching to a new database from a different provider. Different databases can solve problems with performance and and lower power costs.
- Application migration to new environments:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software provider, for example a hospital upgrading to a better electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between hard drives:
This can happen when data is migrated from one data center — the physical location that stores and protects your data — to another, if a company is moving to new computers and wires, or if an enterprise is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
These are necessary during mergers, if a business is rearranging its operations, or when a company is entering a different competitive field. These will involve the transfer of data about people who have purchased their services before, services, and taxes.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being transferred from paper or a data center to a cloud. Experts predict that by 2025 the public cloud service market could reach $623.3 billion by 2023.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in St. Louis, MO
A lot goes into data migration, but generally the process can be broken down into 7 essential steps conducted by an IT service in St. Louis, MO:
- Analyze the data: It's vital to have a deep understanding of the media the data is in, where it is currently stored, and where it will be moved to. During this stage, we'll work to identify potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and analyze issues that might come up in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a practical deadline. We'll also plan out the data migration so that it will not interfere with normal operations.
- Backup the data: As data migration is often a considerable undertaking, there can still be blind spots with the plan. Backing up data is essential in the event of any missing data, or the if circumstances outside of our control arise (such as a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and adjust our plan accordingly.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Based on how your data is currently stored,, we'll find the best application to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Execute the data migration: Once the plan is in place, the data is backed up, and you've chosen the right tool, it's time to execute our plan. We'll ensure all the requisite permissions are in place and follow a exhaustive checklist as the migration is being performed. Early on, we'll have a good idea if we're on pace for our initial timeline and see if there are any unforeseen problems with the plan. If anything comes up, we'll intervene immediately.
- Testing the final system: Now it's time validate the data is where it should be and in the correct format. In the testing stage, we'll perform system, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll perform an exhaustive audit of the new version of your data and verify the status of the ultimate data. If there are errors, such as missing data, we'll still have the backup to restore it.
At HITS, we take ownership of every step of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use industry knowledge and other resources and experience to ensure your data migration process in St. Louis, MO is affordable and runs smoothly.
Other services we provide in St. Louis, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
St. Louis, MO Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can conveniently provide data migration services to companies and institutions across the U.S.. HITS will help you operate more effectively and modernize your data storage system. We have been providing innovative and creative solutions in St. Louis, MO since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.