Data Migration San Diego, CA
Data Migration in San Diego, CA. Data migration is a required procedure for San Diego, CA companies and institutions who are merging, updating their software, or going paperless. HITS has been innovating and helping organizations become more efficient and productive for over 25 years. By utilizing our unique applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and cost-effective. For data migration in San Diego, CA, or any other data entry services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote. It can be used when companies or organizations move to new software when companies are updating their internal processes, moving from on-premises storage to cloud, or a range of other motivations.
Unfortunately, data migration does come with some unpredictability, particularly when significant amounts of data are being transferred. A recent study found that 62% of projects were more complicated than originally thought and just over half cost more than they should have. 56% of companies that replied stated that lack of expertise was a contributing factor. How can you avoid those pitfalls? Trust in an experienced San Diego, CA data capture and document processing company like HITS. Our turn-key operation has been proven to protect your data and efficiently transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in San Diego, CA
As data migration can happen for reasons, there are several different categories of data migration that San Diego, CA companies and corporations may need. Some of the data migration we assist our clients with include:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might require this because they are moving to other storage systems that are safer and can house more of it. Examples can include:
- Moving information from paper to a computerized system
- Going from hard disc drives to faster and more durable data storage:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This is often needed when an organization is updating a current database or moving your data to a completely new database. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can sort out performance issues and lead to lower energy bills.
- Application migration to new environments:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software provider, for example a hospital upgrading to a better electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between mainframes:
This is when data is transferred from one data center — the actual place data is kept in on-site — to another, if a company is investing in new hard drives and wires, or if an organization is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during acquisitions, if a business is restructuring its operations, or when a business is providing a brand new service. These will involve the transfer of data about people who have purchased their services before, products, and internal record keeping.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This is another broad term that refers to many of the instances above where data is being transferred to a cloud environment. Experts predict that by 2025 companies shifting to cloud will cause over $1.3 trillion in IT spending in 2022.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in San Diego, CA
Successful data migration depends on your San Diego, CA IT service following 7 essential steps:
- Analyze the data: It's important to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. This is the best time to ascertain potential risks, how we'll respond to them and other security issues, and identify problems that might arise in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a realistic deadline. Additionally, this will allow us to plan the migration in a way that minimally interferes with your normal operations.
- Backup the data: As data migration is often a considerable undertaking, things can go wrong, even with a solid plan in place. We'll analyze how to best backup your specific data, so if there are any corrupt files, or the if something unpredictable (such as a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and complete the data migration successfully.
- Asses the migration tool: Depending on the current form of the data being migrated, we'll find the best tool to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Perform the data migration: Once we're confident with our plan and the data is backed up, the time has come to actually migrate the data. We'll ensure all the necessary permissions are in place and have a detailed checklist during the migration. Early on, we'll be able to adjust our timeline if necessary and see if there are any unforeseen problems with the plan. If anything arises, we'll take immediate action.
- Testing the final system: Ensure the data is protected, correct, and in the appropriate location. In the testing stage, we'll conduct unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was adequately tested at various stages, errors can still occur. We'll run an exhaustive audit of the process and its results and validate the quality of the ultimate product. If there are errors, for instance incomplete data, we can restore these files from the backup.
At HITS, we take ownership of every step of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use industry knowledge and other resources and experience to make sure your data migration process in San Diego, CA is affordable and efficient.
Other data and document management servicesdata capture and conversion we offer in San Diego, CA are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
San Diego, CA Data Migration Services | HITS
As we our operations are based in the middle of the country, we can conveniently provide data migration services to businesses and corporations anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you run more effectively and optimize how your information is stored. We have been an industry leader in San Diego, CA since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.