Data Migration Annandale, VA
Data Migration in Annandale, VA. Data migration is a necessary tool for Annandale, VA businesses and enterprises who are making an acquisition, modernizing their system, or going cloud. HITS has been designing and applying innovative solutions for companies, enterprises, and government agencies for over two decades. By utilizing our proprietary applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and affordable. For data migration in Annandale, VA, or any other document services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote. It can be used when companies or organizations move to new software when companies are streamlining their internal processes, moving from storage in a data center to cloud, or in numerous other circumstances.
Unfortunately, data migration can be a precarious undertaking, and the risk increases the more data is being transferred. A recent study stated that 62% of projects were more difficult than anticipated and just over half went over budget. 56% of companies that replied reported that lack of expertise played a major role in the mishaps. However, there is a way to eliminate those problems. Place your project in the hands of a knowledgeable Annandale, VA data migration and management firm like HITS. Our turn-key process has been proven to keep your data safe and efficiently transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in Annandale, VA
Data migration is a broad term that encompasses many different specific processes in Annandale, VA. Some of the data migration we assist our clients with include:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might require this because they are moving to other storage systems that are safer and can store more of it. Examples can include:
- Going from paper to digital documents
- Going from hard disc drives to faster and more durable data storage:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This is often needed when an organization is upgrading a current database management system or switching to a new database from a different provider. Different databases can solve problems with performance and reduce your storage subsystem's footprint.
- Application migration to new computing environments:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software vendor, for example a hospital replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between hard drives:
This is when data is transferred from one data center — the physical mainframes data is stored in on-premises — to another, if the physical computers and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if an organization is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
These are necessary during acquisitions, if a business is optimizing its operations, or when a business is providing a brand new service. These will involve the transfer of data about customers, services, and taxes.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This is another broad term that refers to many of the instances above where data is being transferred to a cloud environment. One prediction stated that that by 2025 the public cloud service market could reach $623.3 billion by 2023.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Annandale, VA
A lot goes into data migration, but generally the process can be broken down into 7 essential steps conducted by an IT service in Annandale, VA:
- Determine the current data format and location: It's important to have a thorough comprehension of the media the data is in, where it is located, and where it will be moved to. This is the best opportunity to identify potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and ascertain problems that might arise in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a realistic deadline. Not prudently planning the data migration could lead downtimes for your organization.
- Backup the data: As data migration is often a considerable undertaking, things can go wrong, even with a solid plan in place. Backing up your data protects you from any corrupt files, or the if circumstances outside of our control arise (for example a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and continue with the data migration with a new plan in place.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Different mediums of data will require different tools or applications for a successful migration. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Perform the data migration: Once the plan is in place, the data is backed up, and you've chosen the right tool, the time has come to actually migrate the data. We'll make certain that all the necessary permissions are applied and follow a exhaustive checklist as the migration is being carried out. In the initial stages, we'll know if our initial deadline is correct and if everything is functioning correctly. If there are any problems, we'll intervene immediately.
- Testing the final system: Now it's time confirm the data is where it should be and in the correct format. To verify this, we'll carry out volume, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll carry out an exhaustive audit of the system and data quality and ensure the condition of the final data. If there are errors, such as incomplete data, we can correct the issue using the backup files.
At HITS, we are heavily involved with every part of your data migration process. We use innovative technology and other applications and experience to make certain that your data migration process in Annandale, VA is cost-effective and successful.
Other services we provide in Annandale, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Annandale, VA Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can easily provide data migration services to companies and corporations anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you run more effectively and optimize how your data is kept. We have been providing innovative and creative solutions in Annandale, VA since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.