Data Migration Lee’s Summit, MO
Data Migration in Lee’s Summit, MO. Data migration is a required process for Lee’s Summit, MO companies and institutions who are merging, updating their software, or going cloud. HITS has been developing and applying creative solutions for businesses, institutions, and government agencies for over 25 years. With our unique applications, we can make your data migration process simple and easy to fit under your budget. For data migration in Lee’s Summit, MO, or any other data capture and document processing, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of selecting, preparing, extracting, and transferring data from one system to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are merging when companies are going paperless, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or myriad other reasons.
Unfortunately, data migration does come with certain risks, particularly when significant amounts of data are being transported. A recent survey stated that 62% of projects were more complex than anticipated and just over half cost more than they should have. 56% of respondents said that lack of knowledge by the IT professionals was a major factor. What can you do about it? Trust in a knowledgeable Lee’s Summit, MO data migration and management company like HITS. Our turn-key operation has been proven to be successful, secure, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in Lee’s Summit, MO
As data migration can happen for reasons, there are several different varieties of of data migration that Lee’s Summit, MO businesses and corporations may need. We are experts in a range of data migration processes:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might require this because they are moving to other storage systems that protect data better and can store more of it. Examples can include:
- Going paperless
- Going from hard disc drives to solid-state drives:
- Going from a data center to cloud
- Database migration:
This can include upgrading a current database or switching to a new database from a different provider. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can sort out performance issues and reduce your database's footprint.
- Application migration between platforms:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software provider, for example a healthcare provider upgrading to a better electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between hard drives:
This can happen when data needs to be moved from one data center — the actual mainframes that stores and protects your data — to another, if the physical computers and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if a corporation is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during mergers, if a business is adjusting its internal processes, or when a company is entering a different competitive field. These will involve the transfer of data about people who have purchased their services before, products, and operations.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being transferred from paper or mainframes to a cloud. One prediction stated that that by 2025 companies shifting to cloud will cause over $1.3 trillion in IT spending in 2022.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Lee’s Summit, MO
A lot goes into data migration, but generally the process can be broken down into 7 essential steps conducted by an IT service in Lee’s Summit, MO:
- Determine the current status of the data: It's essential to have a thorough understanding of the media the data is in, where it is currently stored, and where it will be moved to. During this stage, we'll work to ascertain potential risks, how we'll respond to them and other security issues, and ascertain issues with data integrity.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a realistic deadline. We'll also plan out the data migration so that it will not interfere with normal operations.
- Backup the data: Like any technical process, things can go wrong in data migration. We'll determine how to best backup your specific data, so if there are any corrupt data, or the if unexpected happens (for example a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and complete the data migration successfully.
- Asses the migration tool: Based on how your data is currently stored,, we'll find the best tool to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have access to a variety of different applications to get the best results in your project.
- Perform the data migration: Once the above steps have been taken care of, it's time to execute our plan. We'll make certain that all the mandatory permissions are in place and follow a comprehensive checklist during the migration. Early on, we'll have a good idea if we're on pace for our initial timeline and see if there are any unforeseen problems with the plan. If there are any problems, we'll work on a resolution immediately.
- Testing the final system: Make sure there are no connectivity issues, and all the data arrived at the right locations in the right format. In the testing stage, we'll conduct unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll perform a comprehensive audit of the process and its results and ensure the condition of the ultimate product. If there are errors, such as incomplete data, we can correct the issue using the backup files.
At HITS, we take ownership of every part of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use advanced tools and other resources and experience to make certain that your data migration process in Lee’s Summit, MO is affordable and efficient.
Other IT services we provide in Lee’s Summit, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Lee’s Summit, MO Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can easily provide data migration services to companies and institutions anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and optimize your data storage system. We have been providing innovative and creative solutions in Lee’s Summit, MO since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.