Data Migration Jefferson City, MO
Data Migration in Jefferson City, MO. Data migration is a required operation for Jefferson City, MO companies and enterprises who are making an acquisition, modernizing their system, or going paperless. HITS has become an industry leader in IT services and data management over the last 25 years. With our patent-pending applications, we can make your data migration process straightforward and cost-effective. For data migration in Jefferson City, MO, or any other document services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote. It can be used when companies or organizations are merging when companies are streamlining their internal processes, moving from on-premises storage to cloud, or in myriad other situations.
Unfortunately, there are known risks associated with data migration, especially when significant amounts of data are being moved. A recent survey stated that 62% of projects were more complex than anticipated and just over half cost more than they should have. 56% of respondents stated that lack of knowledge by the IT professionals played a major role in the mishaps. What can you do about it? Place your project in the hands of a knowledgeable Jefferson City, MO data migration and management firm like HITS. Our turn-key data migration has been proven to keep your data safe and efficiently transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in Jefferson City, MO
As there are many different motivations to seek out data migration, there are many different varieties of of data migration that Jefferson City, MO businesses and institutions may need. We provide the following types of data migration:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might necessitate this because they are going to new storage devices that are more modern or have more storage offer more flexibility. Examples can include:
- Going paperless
- Going from tapes to hard disc drives:
- Going from mainframes to cloud
- Database migration:
This refers to upgrading a a database you already use or moving your data to a completely new database. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can resolve problems with performance and lead to lower energy bills.
- Application migration to new computing environments:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software vendor, for example a healthcare provider replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their internal record keeping software.
- Data center migrations between locations:
This can happen when data is transferred from one data center — the physical mainframes data is stored in on-premises — to another, if the physical mainframes and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if an organization is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during mergers, if a business is rearranging its internal processes, or when a business is providing a brand new service. These will involve the transfer of data about customers, products, and operations.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being transferred from paper or computers to a cloud. One prediction stated that that by 2025 more than 100 zettabytes of data, about half of the data expected to exist.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Jefferson City, MO
A lot goes into data migration, but generally the process can be broken down into 7 essential steps performed by an IT service in Jefferson City, MO:
- Determine the current status of the data: It's important to have a deep understanding of the media the data is in, where it is located, and where it will be moved to. During this stage, we'll work to identify potential risks, how we'll react to them and other security issues, and identify problems with data integrity.
- Plan the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a realistic deadline. Not prudently planning the data migration could lead downtimes for your organization.
- Backup the data: Like any technical process, things can go wrong in data migration. Backing up data is essential in the event of any incomplete files, or the if something unpredictable (for example a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and complete the data migration successfully.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Based on how your data is currently stored,, we'll find the best tool to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we implement a variety of different tools to get the best outcome in your project.
- Perform the data migration: Once we're confident with our plan and the data is backed up, the time has come to actually migrate the data. We'll ensure all the mandatory permissions are in place and have a detailed checklist as the migration is being carried out. Early on, we'll have a good idea if we're on pace for our initial timeline and see if there are any unforeseen problems with the plan. If there are any problems, we'll intervene immediately.
- Testing the final system: Ensure the data is protected, correct, and in the appropriate location. In the testing stage, we'll conduct unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll conduct a comprehensive audit of the system and data quality and ensure the quality of the final data. If there are errors, for example missing data, we can correct the issue using the backup files.
At HITS, we are hands on every part of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use advanced tools and other applications and experience to ensure your data migration process in Jefferson City, MO is cost-effective and efficient.
Other services we offer in Jefferson City, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Jefferson City, MO Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can easily provide data migration services to businesses and organizations from coast to coast. HITS will help you run more effectively and optimize how your information is recorded. We have been an industry leader in Jefferson City, MO since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.