Data Migration Kansas City, MO
Data Migration in Kansas City, MO. Data migration is a necessary tool for Kansas City, MO companies and corporations who are making an acquisition, modernizing their system, or going paperless. HITS has been innovating and helping organizations become more efficient and productive for over 25 years. With our patent-pending applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and cost-effective. For data migration in Kansas City, MO, or any other information technology services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of transferring internal data from one storage system or computing environment to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are acquiring another when companies are streamlining their internal processes, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or in numerous other circumstances.
Unfortunately, data migration does come with some uncertainty, and the risk increases the more data is being moved. A recent study reported that 62% of projects were harder than expected and just over half went over budget. 56% of companies that replied reported that lack of expertise played a major role in the mishaps. How can you avoid those pitfalls? Trust in a knowledgeable Kansas City, MO data migration and management specialist like HITS. Our turn-key process has been proven to be successful, safe, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in Kansas City, MO
As data migration can happen for reasons, there are several different varieties of of data migration that Kansas City, MO companies and organizations may need. We provide the following types of data migration:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might require this because they are going to new storage devices that are more modern or have more storage offer more flexibility. Examples can include:
- Going paperless
- Going from hard disc drives to solid-state drives:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This is often needed when an organization is updating a current database management system or moving your data to a completely new database. Different databases can resolve performance issues and and lower power costs.
- Application migration to new computing environments:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software provider, for example a hospital replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their HR software.
- Data center migrations between mainframes:
This is when data needs to be moved from one data center — the actual location that stores and protects your data — to a different one, if the physical mainframes and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if an enterprise is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during acquisitions, if a business is adjusting its internal processes, or when a company is providing a brand new service. These will involve the transfer of data about customers, services, and internal record keeping.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being transferred to a cloud environment. One prediction stated that that by 2025 the public cloud service market could reach $623.3 billion by 2023.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Kansas City, MO
Successful data migration depends on your Kansas City, MO IT service following 7 essential steps:
- Identify the current data format and location: It's crucial to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. During this stage, we'll work to analyze potential risks, how we'll address them and other security concerns, and spot problems with data integrity.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a realistic deadline. Not prudently planning the data migration could lead downtimes for your organization.
- Backup the data: As data migration is often a massive undertaking, there can still be blind spots with the plan. We'll determine how to best backup your specific data, so if there are any incomplete files, or the if circumstances outside of our control arise (for example a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and complete the data migration successfully.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Different types of data will require different tools or applications for a successful migration. At HITS, we implement a variety of different tools to get the best outcome in your project.
- Perform the data migration: Once the plan is in place, the data is backed up, and you've chosen the right tool, the time has come to actually migrate the data. We'll make certain that all the required permissions are in place and go through a exhaustive checklist during the migration. In the initial stages, we'll have a good idea if we're on pace for our initial timeline and see if there are any unforeseen problems with the plan. If there are any problems, we'll intervene immediately.
- Testing the final system: Now it's time validate the data is where it's supposed to be and in the correct format. In the testing stage, we'll conduct volume, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was adequately tested at various stages, errors can still occur. We'll run an exhaustive audit of the system and data quality and ensure the status of the ultimate data. If there are errors, for example missing data, we can correct the issue using the backup files.
At HITS, we take ownership of every part of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use advanced tools and other applications and experience to make sure your data migration process in Kansas City, MO is cost-effective and runs smoothly.
Other services we provide in Kansas City, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Kansas City, MO Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are centrally located in the U.S., we can easily provide data migration services to businesses and organizations anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you operate more effectively and modernize your data storage system. We have been an industry leader in Kansas City, MO since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.