Data Migration Washington, DC
Data Migration in Washington, DC. Data migration is a required tool for Washington, DC companies and organizations who are merging, updating their software, or going paperless. HITS has been innovating and helping organizations become more efficient and productive for over 25 years. With our unique applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and affordable. For data migration in Washington, DC, or any other information technology services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of selecting, preparing, extracting, and transferring data from one system to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are merging when companies are going paperless, moving from on-premises storage to cloud, or myriad other reasons.
Unfortunately, there are known risks associated with data migration, especially when larger amounts of data are being moved. A recent study reported that 62% of projects were more complicated than anticipated and 55% went over budget. 56% of companies that replied reported that lack of expertise was a major factor. How can you avoid those pitfalls? Hire a talented Washington, DC data capture and conversion firm like HITS. Our turn-key services has been proven to be successful, safe, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in Washington, DC
Data migration is a broad term that encompasses many different specific processes in Washington, DC. Some of the data migration we assist our clients with include:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might necessitate this because they are going to new storage devices that are more secure or have more storage capabilities. Examples can include:
- Moving information from paper to a computerized system
- Going from hard disc drives to faster and more durable data storage:
- Going from mainframes to cloud
- Database migration:
This can include upgrading a a database where your data is already stored or switching to a new database from a different provider. Different databases can resolve performance issues and reduce your database's footprint.
- Application migration between platforms:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software provider, for example a healthcare provider upgrading to a better electronic health record system, or a business replacing their internal record keeping software.
- Data center migrations between hard drives:
This is when data needs to be moved from one data center — the physical mainframes data is stored in on-premises — to a different one, if a company is moving to new hard drives and wires, or if an enterprise is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
These are necessary during acquisitions, if a business is reorganizing its operations, or when a business is entering a different competitive field. These will involve the transfer of data about customers, products, and taxes.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This is another comprehensive term that refers to many of the instances above where data is being transported from paper or computers to a cloud. Experts predict that by 2025 in excess of 100 zettabytes of data, about half of the data expected to exist.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Washington, DC
A lot goes into data migration, but generally the process can be broken down into 7 essential steps performed by an IT service in Washington, DC:
- Analyze the data: It's crucial to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. This is the best time to spot potential risks, how we'll react to them and other security concerns, and spot issues with data quality.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a sensible deadline. Not prudently planning the data migration could lead downtimes for your organization.
- Backup the data: Like any technical process, things can go wrong in data migration. Backing up data is essential in the event of any incomplete data, or the if circumstances outside of our control arise (for instance a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and complete the data migration successfully.
- Asses the migration tool: Depending on the current form of the data being migrated, we'll find the best application to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have access to a variety of different resources to get the best results in your project.
- Cary out the data migration: Once we're confident with our plan and the data is backed up, the time has come to actually migrate the data. We'll ensure all the requisite permissions are in place and have a detailed checklist during the migration. In the initial stages, we'll have a good idea if we're on pace for our initial timeline and see if there are any unforeseen problems with the plan. If anything comes up, we'll intervene immediately.
- Testing the final system: Now it's time confirm the data is where it should be and in the proper format. In the testing stage, we'll conduct system, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll carry out a comprehensive audit of the new version of your data and verify the status of the final product. If there are errors, for example corrupt data, we can correct the issue using the backup files.
At HITS, we are hands on every step of your data migration process. We use industry knowledge and other resources and experience to make sure your data migration process in Washington, DC is cost-effective and runs smoothly.
Other data capture and document processing we offer in Washington, DC are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Washington, DC Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are centrally located in the U.S., we can conveniently provide data migration services to businesses and corporations anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and optimize your data storage system. We have been providing innovative and creative solutions in Washington, DC since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.