Data Migration Springfield, MO
Data Migration in Springfield, MO. Data migration is a necessary process for Springfield, MO businesses and enterprises who are making an acquisition, updating their software, or going paperless. HITS has become an industry leader in IT services and data management over the last 25 years. With our unique applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and affordable. For data migration in Springfield, MO, or any other data entry services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote. It can be used when companies or organizations move to new software when companies are updating their internal processes, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or in myriad other circumstances.
Unfortunately, there are known risks associated with data migration, particularly when significant amounts of data are being transferred. A recent study reported that 62% of projects were more difficult than expected and 55% cost more than they should have. 56% of companies that replied stated that lack of knowledge by the IT professionals played a major role in the mishaps. However, there is a way to eliminate those risks. Trust in an expert Springfield, MO data capture and document processing firm like HITS. Our turn-key process has been proven to keep your data safe and efficiently transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in Springfield, MO
Data migration is a broad term that encompasses many different specific processes in Springfield, MO. We are experts in a range of data migration processes:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might necessitate this because they are going to new storage devices that are more modern or have more storage offer more flexibility. Examples can include:
- Moving information from paper to a computerized system
- Going from hard disc drives to solid-state drives:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This can include updating a current database management system or migrating the data to an entirely new system. Different databases can sort out problems with performance and reduce your storage subsystem's footprint.
- Application migration between platforms:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software vendor, for example a hospital replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their internal record keeping software.
- Data center migrations between mainframes:
This can happen when data is transferred from one data center — the actual location data is stored in on-premises — to another, if a company is investing in new mainframes and wires, or if an enterprise is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during acquisitions, if a business is reorganizing its operations, or when a business is entering a different competitive field. These will involve the transfer of data about people who have purchased their services before, products, and operations.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This is another comprehensive term that refers to many of the instances above where data is being transported to a cloud environment. One prediction stated that that by 2025 companies shifting to cloud will cause over $1.3 trillion in IT spending in 2022.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Springfield, MO
Springfield, MO IT services that efficiently migrate data use a 7 step process:
- Analyze the data: It's important to have a deep comprehension of the media the data is in, where it is currently stored, and where it will be migrated to. During this stage, we'll work to ascertain potential risks, how we'll respond to them and other security concerns, and spot issues with data integrity.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a realistic deadline. Not prudently planning the data migration could lead downtimes for your organization.
- Backup the data: Like any technical process, things can go wrong in data migration. We'll analyze how to best backup your specific data, so if there are any missing files, or the if unexpected happens (such as a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and adjust our plan accordingly.
- Asses the migration tool: Based on how your data is currently stored,, we'll find the best tool to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Execute the data migration: Once the above steps have been taken care of, we can finally go through with our plan. We'll make sure all the required permissions are applied and have a comprehensive checklist as the migration is being performed. In the initial stages, we'll know if our initial deadline is reasonable and if everything is functioning correctly. If anything arises, we'll work on a solution immediately.
- Testing the final system: Ensure the data is protected, correct, and in the appropriate location. In the testing stage, we'll conduct unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll perform a comprehensive audit of the process and its results and ensure the quality of the final product. If there is anything wrong, for instance incomplete data, we can restore these files from the backup.
At HITS, we take ownership of every part of your data migration process. We use innovative technology and other applications and experience to ensure your data migration process in Springfield, MO is cost-effective and efficient.
Other IT services we provide in Springfield, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Springfield, MO Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are centrally located in the U.S., we can easily provide data migration services to companies and enterprises anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and modernize your data storage system. We have been helping companies and corporations in Springfield, MO since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.