Data Migration Langley, VA
Data Migration in Langley, VA. Data migration is a required tool for Langley, VA businesses and institutions who are making an acquisition, modernizing their system, or going paperless. HITS has been designing and implementing creative solutions for businesses, organizations, and government agencies for over 25 years. By utilizing our proprietary applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and cost-effective. For data migration in Langley, VA, or any other document services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of transferring internal data from one storage system or computing environment to another. It can be used when companies or organizations move to new software when companies are updating their internal processes, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or in a variety of other circumstances.
Unfortunately, there are known risks that come with data migration, especially when significant amounts of data are being transported. A recent survey stated that 62% of projects were more difficult than originally thought and 55% went over budget. 56% of companies that replied said that lack of expertise was a contributing factor. However, there is a way to mitigate those issues. Place your project in the hands of a talented Langley, VA data migration and management firm like HITS. Our turn-key process has been proven to be effective, safe, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in Langley, VA
Data migration is a broad term that encompasses many different specific processes in Langley, VA. Some of the data migration we provide clients with include:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might need this because they are moving to other storage systems that are safer and can house more of it. Examples can include:
- Going paperless
- Going from tapes to hard disc drives:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This is often needed when an organization is updating a a database you already use or switching to a new database from a different provider. Different databases can resolve problems with performance and and lower power costs.
- Application migration to new environments:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software provider, for example a hospital upgrading to a better electronic health record system, or a business replacing their internal record keeping software.
- Data center migrations between hard drives:
This is when data is migrated from one data center — the physical mainframes data is housed in on-premises — to another, if a company is moving to new computers and wires, or if an enterprise is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during mergers, if a business is adjusting its internal processes, or when a business is entering a new market. These will involve the transfer of data about people who have purchased their services before, services, and internal record keeping.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being moved to a cloud environment. Experts predict that by 2025 the public cloud service market could reach $623.3 billion by 2023.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Langley, VA
Langley, VA IT services that effectively migrate data use a 7 step process:
- Analyze the data: It's essential to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. This is an optimal opportunity to spot potential risks, how we'll react to them and other security concerns, and spot problems with data quality.
- Plan the data migration: It's important to grasp the size and scope of the project to determine the resources necessary and a sensible timeline for completing the project. We'll also plan out the data migration so that it will not interfere with normal operations.
- Backup the data: Even with an understanding of the project and a plan in place, things can go wrong in data migration. We'll analyze how to best backup your specific data, so if there are any missing files, or the if circumstances outside of our control arise (such as a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and complete the data migration successfully.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Different mediums of data will require different tools or applications for a successful migration. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Cary out the data migration: Once the above steps have been taken care of, it's time to perform our plan. We'll make sure all the requisite permissions are applied and go through a detailed checklist as the migration is being carried out. In the initial stages, we'll know if our initial timeline is reasonable and if everything is functioning correctly. If there are any problems, we'll work on a resolution immediately.
- Testing the final system: Ensure the data is protected, correct, and in the appropriate location. To authenticate this, we'll conduct unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was adequately tested at various stages, errors can still occur. We'll perform an exhaustive audit of the system and data quality and validate the quality of the ultimate product. If there is anything wrong, such as corrupt data, we'll still have the backup to restore it.
At HITS, we take ownership of every part of your data migration process. We use industry knowledge and other applications and experience to ensure your data migration process in Langley, VA is cost-effective and successful.
Other IT services we offer in Langley, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Langley, VA Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can conveniently provide data migration services to companies and institutions from coast to coast. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and optimize your data storage system. We have been an industry leader in Langley, VA since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.