Data Migration Kirkwood, MO
Data Migration in Kirkwood, MO. Data migration is a necessary procedure for Kirkwood, MO businesses and organizations who are merging, updating their software, or going cloud. HITS has been generating and applying creative solutions for companies, organizations, and government agencies for over 25 years. By utilizing our unique applications, we can make your data migration process straightforward and affordable. For data migration in Kirkwood, MO, or any other document services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote. It can be used when companies or organizations move to new software when companies are updating their internal processes, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or numerous other reasons.
Unfortunately, data migration can be a precarious undertaking, and the risk increases the more data is being moved. A recent study found that 62% of projects were more complex than expected and 55% cost more than they should have. 56% of respondents reported that lack of knowledge by the IT professionals played a major role in the mishaps. How can you avoid those pitfalls? Place your project in the hands of a knowledgeable Kirkwood, MO data migration and management company like HITS. Our turn-key process has been proven to protect your data and successfully transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in Kirkwood, MO
Data migration is a broad term that encompasses many different specific processes in Kirkwood, MO. Some of the data migration we assist our clients with include:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might necessitate this because they are going to new storage devices that are more secure or have more storage capabilities. Examples can include:
- Going paperless
- Going from hard disc drives to solid-state drives:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This refers to updating a a database management system where your data is already stored or migrating the data to an entirely new system. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can sort out performance issues and lead to lower energy bills.
- Application migration between environments:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software provider, for example a healthcare provider replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between servers:
This is when data is migrated from one data center — the actual place data is housed in on-site — to another, if a company is moving to new computers and wires, or if a corporation is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
These are necessary during acquisitions, if a business is reorganizing its operations, or when a business is entering a new market. These will involve the transfer of data about customers, services, and internal record keeping.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being moved from paper or mainframes to a cloud. One prediction stated that that by 2025 the public cloud service market could reach $623.3 billion by 2023.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Kirkwood, MO
Successful data migration depends on your Kirkwood, MO IT service following 7 essential steps:
- Analyze the data: It's key to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. This is an optimal time to spot potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and analyze problems that might arise in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: It's important to carefully determine the size and scope of the project to determine the resources necessary and a practical timeline for completing the project. Additionally, this will allow us to plan the migration in a way that minimally interferes with your normal operations.
- Backup the data: Even with an understanding of the project and a plan in place, things can go wrong in data migration. We'll determine how to best backup your specific data, so if there are any corrupt data, or the if circumstances outside of our control arise (such as a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and adjust our plan accordingly.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Depending on your data's current state,, we'll find the best tool to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Execute the data migration: Once the plan is in place, the data is backed up, and you've chosen the right tool, we can finally go through with our plan. We'll ensure all the necessary permissions are in place and go through a exhaustive checklist during the migration. Early on, we'll know if our initial timeline is reasonable and if everything is functioning correctly. If anything arises, we'll work on a solution immediately.
- Testing the final system: Make sure there are no connectivity issues, and all the data arrived at the right locations in the right format. In the testing stage, we'll carry out unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was adequately tested at various stages, errors can still occur. We'll perform an exhaustive audit of the new version of your data and verify the quality of the final product. If there is anything wrong, such as corrupt data, we can restore these files from the backup.
At HITS, we take ownership of every step of your data migration process. We use industry knowledge and other resources and experience to make certain that your data migration process in Kirkwood, MO is affordable and efficient.
Other services we provide in Kirkwood, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Kirkwood, MO Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can conveniently provide data migration services to companies and institutions across the U.S.. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and modernize how your data is stored. We have been providing innovative and creative solutions in Kirkwood, MO since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.