Data Migration Reston, VA
Data Migration in Reston, VA. Data migration is a necessary operation for Reston, VA companies and institutions who are making an acquisition, updating their software, or going cloud. HITS has been innovating and helping organizations become more efficient and productive for over 25 years. By utilizing our unique applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and cost-effective. For data migration in Reston, VA, or any other document services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of selecting, preparing, extracting, and transferring data from one system to another. It can be used when companies or organizations move to new software when companies are updating their internal processes, moving from storage in a data center to cloud, or in myriad other circumstances.
Unfortunately, data migration can be a risky undertaking, especially when larger amounts of data are being transported. A recent survey found that 62% of projects were more complex than anticipated and 55% went over budget. 56% of respondents reported that lack of expertise was a contributing factor. What can you do about it? Hire a talented Reston, VA data capture and document processing specialist like HITS. Our turn-key services has been proven to be successful, safe, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in Reston, VA
As data migration can happen for reasons, there are many different types of data migration that Reston, VA companies and organizations may need. We provide the following types of data migration:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might require this because they are moving to other storage systems that protect data better and can house more of it. Examples can include:
- Going paperless
- Going from tapes to hard disc drives:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This refers to updating a existing database management system or migrating the data to an entirely new system. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can sort out performance issues and lead to lower energy bills.
- Application migration between computing environments:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software provider, for example a healthcare provider replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their HR software.
- Data center migrations between hard drives:
This is when data needs to be moved from one data center — the actual place that stores and protects your data — to a different one, if a company is investing in new hard drives and wires, or if an institution is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
These are necessary during acquisitions, if a business is optimizing its internal processes, or when a business is entering a different competitive field. These will involve the transfer of data about clients, services, and taxes.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This is another broad term that refers to many of the instances above where data is being moved to a cloud environment. One prediction stated that that by 2025 companies shifting to cloud will cause over $1.3 trillion in IT spending in 2022.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Reston, VA
Successful data migration depends on your Reston, VA IT service following 7 essential steps:
- Analyze the data: It's essential to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. During this stage, we'll work to ascertain potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and identify problems with data quality.
- Plan the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a realistic deadline. Additionally, this will allow us to plan the migration in a way that does not lead to extended downtime.
- Backup the data: Like any technical process, things can go wrong in data migration. Backing up data is essential in the event of any incomplete data, or the if unexpected happens (for example a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and adjust our plan accordingly.
- Asses the migration tool: Different types of data will require different tools or applications for a successful migration. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Perform the data migration: Once the plan is in place, the data is backed up, and you've chosen the right tool, the time has come to actually migrate the data. We'll make certain that all the mandatory permissions are in place and follow a detailed checklist as the migration is being performed. Within the first few hours, we'll know if our initial timeline is reasonable and if everything is functioning correctly. If anything comes up, we'll take immediate action.
- Testing the final system: Ensure the data is protected, correct, and in the proper location. To authenticate this, we'll conduct system, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was adequately tested at various stages, errors can still occur. We'll carry out a comprehensive audit of the process and its results and ensure the condition of the ultimate product. If there is anything wrong, for instance incomplete data, we'll still have the backup to restore it.
At HITS, we are heavily involved with every step of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use innovative technology and other resources and experience to ensure your data migration process in Reston, VA is affordable and efficient.
Other data and document management servicesdata capture and conversion we provide in Reston, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Reston, VA Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can conveniently provide data migration services to companies and organizations anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and optimize how your data is stored. We have been an industry leader in Reston, VA since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.