Data Migration Richmond Heights, MO
Data Migration in Richmond Heights, MO. Data migration is a required procedure for Richmond Heights, MO companies and corporations who are making an acquisition, modernizing their system, or going paperless. HITS has been developing and applying innovative solutions for businesses, organizations, and government agencies for over two decades. By utilizing our unique applications, we can make your data migration process straightforward and affordable. For data migration in Richmond Heights, MO, or any other data entry services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of transferring internal data from one storage system or computing environment to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are acquiring another when companies are updating their internal processes, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or in a variety of other circumstances.
Unfortunately, there are known risks that come with data migration, especially when significant amounts of data are being transferred. A recent study found that 62% of projects were more complex than anticipated and 55% cost more than they should have. 56% of companies that replied said that lack of expertise played a major role in the mishaps. What can you do about it? Trust in an expert Richmond Heights, MO data migration and management company like HITS. Our turn-key process has been proven to be successful, safe, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in Richmond Heights, MO
Data migration is a broad term that encompasses many different specific processes in Richmond Heights, MO. We are experts in a range of data migration processes:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might require this because they are going to new storage devices that are more modern or have more storage capabilities. Examples can include:
- Moving information from paper to a computerized system
- Going from hard disc drives to solid-state drives:
- Going from a data center to cloud
- Database migration:
This can include upgrading a existing database or moving your data to a completely new database. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can solve performance issues and reduce your database's footprint.
- Application migration between environments:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software vendor, for example a hospital upgrading to a better electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between hard drives:
This is when data is migrated from one data center — the actual place that stores and protects your data — to another, if the physical hard drives and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if an institution is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during mergers, if a business is reorganizing its internal processes, or when a business is providing a brand new service. These will involve the transfer of data about customers, products, and taxes.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being migrated from paper or a physical location to a cloud. One prediction stated that that by 2025 the public cloud service market could reach $623.3 billion by 2023.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Richmond Heights, MO
A lot goes into data migration, but generally the process can be broken down into 7 essential steps performed by an IT service in Richmond Heights, MO:
- Identify the current data format and location: It's essential to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. During this stage, we'll work to analyze potential risks, how we'll address them and other security issues, and analyze problems with data integrity.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: It's important to grasp the size and scope of the project to determine the resources necessary and a realistic timeline for completing the project. We'll also plan out the data migration so that it will not interfere with normal operations.
- Backup the data: Even with an understanding of the project and a plan in place, things can go wrong in data migration. Backing up data is essential in the event of any missing files, or the if unexpected happens (such as a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and adjust our plan accordingly.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Different types of data will require different tools or applications for a successful migration. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Cary out the data migration: Once the plan is in place, the data is backed up, and you've chosen the right tool, we can finally go through with our plan. We'll make certain that all the requisite permissions are in place and have a comprehensive checklist during the migration. Early on, we'll know if our initial timeline is reasonable and if everything is functioning correctly. If anything arises, we'll work on a solution immediately.
- Testing the final system: Ensure the data is protected, correct, and in the correct location. In the testing stage, we'll conduct volume, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was tested before and after the migration, errors can still occur. We'll conduct a comprehensive audit of the system and data quality and ensure the quality of the final product. If there is anything wrong, for instance missing data, we can restore these files from the backup.
At HITS, we take ownership of every step of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use innovative technology and other resources and experience to make sure your data migration process in Richmond Heights, MO is affordable and runs smoothly.
Other data capture and document processing we provide in Richmond Heights, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Richmond Heights, MO Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can conveniently provide data migration services to businesses and organizations from coast to coast. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and optimize how your data is stored. We have been providing innovative and creative solutions in Richmond Heights, MO since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.