Data Migration Chesterfield, MO
Data Migration in Chesterfield, MO. Data migration is a necessary tool for Chesterfield, MO companies and enterprises who are making an acquisition, updating their software, or going paperless. HITS has been developing and implementing innovative solutions for businesses, corporations, and government agencies for over 25 years. With our patent-pending applications, we can make your data migration process straightforward and affordable. For data migration in Chesterfield, MO, or any other data capture and conversion, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of selecting, preparing, extracting, and transferring data from one system to another. It can be used when companies or organizations move to new software when companies are updating their internal processes, moving from on-premises storage to cloud, or in numerous other circumstances.
Unfortunately, there are known risks that come with data migration, particularly when significant amounts of data are being transferred. A recent study reported that 62% of projects were harder than expected and 55% cost more than they should have. 56% of respondents reported that lack of expertise played a major role in the mishaps. How can you avoid those pitfalls? Place your project in the hands of a talented Chesterfield, MO data migration and management company like HITS. Our turn-key services has been proven to be effective, safe, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in Chesterfield, MO
As data migration can happen for reasons, there are many different types of data migration that Chesterfield, MO businesses and corporations may need. We provide the following types of data migration:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might require this because they are going to new storage devices that are more secure or have more storage offer more flexibility. Examples can include:
- Going paperless
- Going from hard disc drives to faster and more durable data storage:
- Going from a data center to cloud
- Database migration:
This can include upgrading a a database where your data is already stored or switching to a new database from a different provider. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can solve performance issues and and lower power costs.
- Application migration between computing environments:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software vendor, for example a healthcare provider replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between hard drives:
This is when data is transferred from one data center — the actual location that stores and protects your data — to a different one, if a company is investing in new computers and wires, or if a corporation is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during acquisitions, if a business is changing its operations, or when a business is providing a brand new service. These will involve the transfer of data about clients, services, and taxes.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This is another comprehensive term that refers to many of the instances above where data is being moved to a cloud environment. One prediction stated that that by 2025 companies shifting to cloud will cause over $1.3 trillion in IT spending in 2022.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Chesterfield, MO
Successful data migration depends on your Chesterfield, MO IT service following 7 essential steps:
- Determine the current status of the data: It's crucial to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. During this stage, we'll work to analyze potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and identify problems that might come up in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Plan the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a practical deadline. Additionally, this will allow us to plan the migration in a way that minimally interferes with your normal operations.
- Backup the data: Like any technical process, things can go wrong in data migration. We'll analyze how to best backup your specific data, so if there are any missing data, or the if circumstances outside of our control arise (for example a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and complete the data migration successfully.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Different mediums of data will require different tools or applications for a successful migration. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Execute the data migration: Once we're confident with our plan and the data is backed up, it's time to perform our plan. We'll make sure all the required permissions are applied and go through a comprehensive checklist during the migration. Early on, we'll be able to adjust our timeline if necessary and see if there are any unforeseen problems with the plan. If there are any problems, we'll take immediate action.
- Testing the final system: Ensure the data is protected, correct, and in the correct location. In the testing stage, we'll carry out system, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was tested before and after the migration, errors can still occur. We'll run an exhaustive audit of the process and its results and verify the status of the final product. If there are errors, for example corrupt data, we can restore these files from the backup.
At HITS, we are heavily involved with every step of your data migration process. We use industry knowledge and other resources and experience to make certain that your data migration process in Chesterfield, MO is affordable and efficient.
Other data and document management servicesdata capture and conversion we provide in Chesterfield, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Chesterfield, MO Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are centrally located in the U.S., we can easily provide data migration services to companies and institutions from coast to coast. HITS will help you operate more effectively and modernize how your data is stored. We have been helping companies and institutions in Chesterfield, MO since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.