Data Migration St. Charles, MO
Data Migration in St. Charles, MO. Data migration is a necessary tool for St. Charles, MO businesses and organizations who are making an acquisition, modernizing their system, or going cloud. HITS has become an industry leader in IT services and data management over the last 25 years. By utilizing our proprietary applications, we can make your data migration process straightforward and cost-effective. For data migration in St. Charles, MO, or any other information technology services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of transferring internal data from one storage system or computing environment to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are merging when companies are updating their internal processes, moving from on-premises storage to cloud, or in a range of other circumstances.
Unfortunately, data migration does come with certain risks, particularly when larger amounts of data are being moved. A recent study found that 62% of projects were more complicated than anticipated and just over half cost more than they should have. 56% of companies that replied stated that lack of expertise played a major role in the mishaps. What can you do about it? Hire a knowledgeable St. Charles, MO data capture and conversion firm like HITS. Our turn-key services has been proven to be effective, safe, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in St. Charles, MO
Data migration is a broad term that encompasses many different specific processes in St. Charles, MO. We provide the following types of data migration:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might need this because they are moving to other storage systems that are safer and can house more of it. Examples can include:
- Going paperless
- Going from tapes to hard disc drives:
- Going from mainframes to cloud
- Database migration:
This refers to updating a current database or moving your data to a completely new database. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can solve performance issues and reduce your database's footprint.
- Application migration between computing environments:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software vendor, for example a hospital upgrading to a better electronic health record system, or a business replacing their HR software.
- Data center migrations between locations:
This can happen when data is transferred from one data center — the actual location that stores and protects your data — to a different one, if the physical computers and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if an organization is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
These are needed during acquisitions, if a business is adjusting its operations, or when a company is entering a new market. These will involve the transfer of data about clients, products, and taxes.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being transferred from paper or computers to a cloud. Experts predict that by 2025 the public cloud service market could reach $623.3 billion by 2023.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in St. Charles, MO
A lot goes into data migration, but generally the process can be broken down into 7 essential steps conducted by an IT service in St. Charles, MO:
- Analyze the data: It's key to have a thorough comprehension of the media the data is in, where it is located, and where it will be moved to. This is an optimal time to identify potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and ascertain issues with data quality.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a sensible deadline. We'll also plan out the data migration so that it will not interfere with normal operations.
- Backup the data: Like any technical process, things can go wrong in data migration. Backing up data is essential in the event of any missing files, or the if something unpredictable (for example a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and continue with the data migration with a new plan in place.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Different types of data will require different tools or applications for a successful migration. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Execute the data migration: Once we're confident with our plan and the data is backed up, it's time to carry out our plan. We'll make sure all the necessary permissions are applied and follow a detailed checklist as the migration is being carried out. Early on, we'll know if our initial deadline is reasonable and if everything is functioning correctly. If there are any problems, we'll take immediate action.
- Testing the final system: Ensure the data is protected, correct, and in the appropriate location. In the testing stage, we'll perform unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll run a comprehensive audit of the new version of your data and validate the status of the final data. If there is anything wrong, for instance corrupt data, we'll still have the backup to restore it.
At HITS, we take ownership of every part of your data migration process. We use innovative technology and other applications and experience to make certain that your data migration process in St. Charles, MO is affordable and efficient.
Other IT services we provide in St. Charles, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
St. Charles, MO Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are centrally located in the U.S., we can easily provide data migration services to companies and institutions across the U.S.. HITS will help you become more productive and efficient and optimize your data storage system. We have been providing innovative and creative solutions in St. Charles, MO since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.