Data Migration Los Angeles, CA
Data Migration in Los Angeles, CA. Data migration is a necessary procedure for Los Angeles, CA companies and corporations who are merging, updating their software, or going paperless. HITS has been innovating and helping organizations become more efficient and productive for over 25 years. With our proprietary applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and affordable. For data migration in Los Angeles, CA, or any other document services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of transferring internal data from one storage system or computing environment to another. It can be used when companies or organizations move to new software when companies are streamlining their internal processes, moving from storage in a data center to cloud, or myriad other motivations.
Unfortunately, data migration does come with some uncertainty, and the risk increases the more data is being moved. A recent study stated that 62% of projects were more complicated than expected and just over half cost more than they should have. 56% of respondents reported that lack of expertise played a major role in the mishaps. However, there is a way to eliminate those risks. Trust in a knowledgeable Los Angeles, CA data migration and management specialist like HITS. Our turn-key operation has been proven to protect your data and efficiently transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in Los Angeles, CA
Data migration is a broad term that encompasses many different specific processes in Los Angeles, CA. Some of the data migration we provide clients with include:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might necessitate this because they are moving to other storage systems that are safer and can store more of it. Examples can include:
- Moving information from paper to a computerized system
- Going from hard disc drives to solid-state drives:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This is often needed when an organization is upgrading a a database you already use or moving your data to a completely new database. Different databases can resolve performance issues and lead to lower energy bills.
- Application migration between platforms:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software provider, for example a healthcare provider replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between locations:
This can happen when data is transferred from one data center — the physical place data is kept in on-premises — to another, if the physical mainframes and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if an organization is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during acquisitions, if a business is reorganizing its operations, or when a business is entering a new market. These will involve the transfer of data about people who have purchased their services before, services, and warranties.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being transferred from paper or a physical location to a cloud. One prediction stated that that by 2025 in excess of 100 zettabytes of data, about half of the data expected to exist.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA IT services that efficiently migrate data use a 7 step process:
- Analyze the data: It's important to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. This is the best opportunity to ascertain potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and spot issues that might arise in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Create a game plan for the data migration: It's important to understand the size and scope of the project to determine the resources necessary and a practical timeline for completing the project. Not prudently planning the data migration could lead downtimes for your organization.
- Backup the data: As data migration is often a massive undertaking, things can go wrong, even with a solid plan in place. Backing up your data protects you from any corrupt files, or the if something unpredictable (for instance a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and adjust our plan accordingly.
- Asses the migration tool: Depending on your data's current state,, we'll find the best tool to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we employ a variety of different tools to get the best results in your project.
- Execute the data migration: Once the plan is in place, the data is backed up, and you've chosen the right tool, the time has come to actually migrate the data. We'll ensure all the required permissions are in place and have a detailed checklist during the migration. Early on, we'll know if our initial deadline is reasonable and if everything is functioning correctly. If anything arises, we'll work on a solution immediately.
- Testing the final system: Now it's time validate the data is where it should be and in the correct format. To authenticate this, we'll perform system, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll carry out a comprehensive audit of the system and data quality and validate the condition of the ultimate product. If there are errors, for instance incomplete data, we can restore these files from the backup.
At HITS, we are hands on every step of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use advanced tools and other resources and experience to make sure your data migration process in Los Angeles, CA is cost-effective and runs smoothly.
Other IT services we provide in Los Angeles, CA are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Los Angeles, CA Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are centrally located in the U.S., we can conveniently provide data migration services to companies and institutions anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you operate more effectively and optimize how your information is recorded. We have been helping businesses and corporations in Los Angeles, CA since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.