Data Migration Clayton, MO
Data Migration in Clayton, MO. Data migration is a necessary procedure for Clayton, MO businesses and enterprises who are making an acquisition, modernizing their system, or going cloud. HITS has been innovating and helping organizations become more efficient and productive for over 25 years. By utilizing our unique applications, we can make your data migration process simple and affordable. For data migration in Clayton, MO, or any other information technology services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of selecting, preparing, extracting, and transferring data from one system to another. It can be used when companies or organizations move to new software when companies are updating their internal processes, moving from storage in a data center to cloud, or myriad other reasons.
Unfortunately, data migration does come with certain risks, especially when significant amounts of data are being transported. A recent study reported that 62% of projects were more complicated than anticipated and 55% cost more than they should have. 56% of companies that replied reported that lack of expertise played a major role in the mishaps. However, there is a way to eliminate those issues. Hire a knowledgeable Clayton, MO data migration and management company like HITS. Our turn-key services has been proven to protect your data and successfully transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in Clayton, MO
As data migration can happen for reasons, there are several different varieties of of data migration that Clayton, MO businesses and institutions may need. We provide the following types of data migration:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might necessitate this because they are moving to other storage systems that are safer and can store more of it. Examples can include:
- Going from paper to digital documents
- Going from hard disc drives to faster and more durable data storage:
- Going from a data center to cloud
- Database migration:
This can include updating a current database management system or switching to a new database from a different provider. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can resolve problems with performance and reduce your storage subsystem's footprint.
- Application migration between environments:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software provider, for example a hospital upgrading to a better electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between locations:
This can happen when data needs to be moved from one data center — the physical place that stores and protects your data — to another, if a company is investing in new hard drives and wires, or if an enterprise is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
These are needed during acquisitions, if a business is adjusting its operations, or when a company is providing a brand new service. These will involve the transfer of data about people who have purchased their services before, products, and warranties.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This is another broad term that refers to many of the instances above where data is being migrated from paper or hard drives to a cloud. Experts predict that by 2025 the public cloud service market could reach $623.3 billion by 2023.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Clayton, MO
A lot goes into data migration, but generally the process can be broken down into 7 essential steps conducted by an IT service in Clayton, MO:
- Identify the current data format and location: It's crucial to understand the current location and form of the data in order to know how to transform and transfer. This is the best opportunity to analyze potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and spot issues that might arise in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Plan the data migration: Having a good idea of the scope of the project allows for creating a realistic deadline. We'll also plan out the data migration so that it will not interfere with normal operations.
- Backup the data: Like any technical process, things can go wrong in data migration. Backing up your data protects you from any missing files, or the if circumstances outside of our control arise (for example a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and complete the data migration successfully.
- Asses exactly how to carry out the migration: Depending on your data's current state,, we'll find the best tool to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have access to a variety of different tools to get the best outcome in your project.
- Cary out the data migration: Once we're confident with our plan and the data is backed up, it's time to execute our plan. We'll ensure all the mandatory permissions are applied and go through a detailed checklist as the migration is being performed. Early on, we'll be able to adjust our timeline if necessary and see if there are any unforeseen problems with the plan. If anything arises, we'll intervene immediately.
- Testing the final system: Now it's time confirm the data is where it's supposed to be and in the proper format. In the testing stage, we'll carry out unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was adequately tested at various stages, errors can still occur. We'll run a comprehensive audit of the new version of your data and verify the condition of the ultimate data. If there are errors, for instance corrupt data, we can restore these files from the backup.
At HITS, we are hands on every step of your data migration process. We use industry knowledge and other resources and experience to make certain that your data migration process in Clayton, MO is affordable and runs smoothly.
Other data capture and document processing we offer in Clayton, MO are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Clayton, MO Data Migration Services | HITS
As we our operations are based in the middle of the country, we can easily provide data migration services to companies and institutions anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you operate more effectively and optimize how your information is recorded. We have been an industry leader in Clayton, MO since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.