Data Migration Silver Spring, MD
Data Migration in Silver Spring, MD. Data migration is a required tool for Silver Spring, MD businesses and corporations who are merging, updating their software, or going paperless. HITS has been innovating and helping organizations become more efficient and productive for over 25 years. With our patent-pending applications, we can make your data migration process straightforward and affordable. For data migration in Silver Spring, MD, or any other document services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of selecting, preparing, extracting, and transferring data from one system to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are acquiring another when companies are going paperless, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or numerous other motivations.
Unfortunately, data migration does come with some uncertainty, and the risk increases the more data is being moved. A recent study reported that 62% of projects were harder than originally thought and 55% went over budget. 56% of respondents said that lack of expertise was a major factor. However, there is a way to mitigate those problems. Place your project in the hands of a talented Silver Spring, MD data capture and document processing specialist like HITS. Our turn-key operation has been proven to be effective, safe, and efficient.
Types of Data Migration in Silver Spring, MD
As there are many different motivations to seek out data migration, there are several different varieties of of data migration that Silver Spring, MD businesses and institutions may need. Some of the data migration we provide clients with include:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might need this because they are going to new storage devices that are more modern or have more storage capabilities. Examples can include:
- Moving information from paper to a computerized system
- Going from hard disc drives to solid-state drives:
- Going from mainframes to cloud
- Database migration:
This refers to upgrading a a database you already use or moving your data to a completely new database. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can solve performance issues and and lower power costs.
- Application migration to new platforms:
This can happen when a company goes to a new software provider, for example a healthcare provider replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between hard drives:
This can happen when data needs to be moved from one data center — the physical mainframes that stores and protects your data — to a different one, if the physical hard drives and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if an institution is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during mergers, if a business is adjusting its operations, or when a business is entering a different competitive field. These will involve the transfer of data about clients, products, and warranties.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being transferred from paper or hard drives to a cloud. Experts predict that by 2025 the public cloud service market could reach $623.3 billion by 2023.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Silver Spring, MD
Silver Spring, MD IT services that efficiently migrate data use a 7 step process:
- Identify the current data format and location: It's key to have a thorough comprehension of the media the data is in, where it is currently stored, and where it will be moved to. During this stage, we'll work to analyze potential risks, how we'll respond to them and other security concerns, and analyze issues that might come up in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Plan the data migration: It's important to carefully determine the size and scope of the project to determine the resources necessary and a realistic timeline for completing the project. We'll also plan out the data migration so that it will not interfere with normal operations.
- Backup the data: Even with an understanding of the project and a plan in place, things can go wrong in data migration. Backing up data is essential in the event of any incomplete data, or the if something unpredictable (for example a power outage), we'll be able to return your data to its original state and continue with the data migration with a new plan in place.
- Asses the migration tool: Depending on the current form of the data being migrated, we'll find the best tool to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have access to a variety of different resources to get the best outcome in your project.
- Execute the data migration: Once the above steps have been taken care of, we can finally go through with our plan. We'll make sure all the requisite permissions are applied and have a comprehensive checklist during the migration. Early on, we'll know if our initial timeline is reasonable and if everything is functioning correctly. If there are any problems, we'll work on a resolution immediately.
- Testing the final system: Make sure there are no connectivity problems, and all the data arrived at the right locations in the right format. To authenticate this, we'll conduct unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Problems can still arise after running tests. We'll carry out a comprehensive audit of the process and its results and verify the status of the ultimate product. If there is anything wrong, for instance incomplete data, we can restore these files from the backup.
At HITS, we take ownership of every part of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use innovative technology and other resources and experience to ensure your data migration process in Silver Spring, MD is cost-effective and efficient.
Other data and document management servicesdata capture and conversion we provide in Silver Spring, MD are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Silver Spring, MD Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are centrally located in the U.S., we can conveniently provide data migration services to companies and organizations anywhere in the nation. HITS will help you operate more effectively and modernize your data storage system. We have been an industry leader in Silver Spring, MD since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.