Data Migration Falls Church, VA
Data Migration in Falls Church, VA. Data migration is a required operation for Falls Church, VA businesses and organizations who are merging, updating their software, or going cloud. HITS has been developing and implementing creative solutions for businesses, corporations, and government agencies for more than two decades. By utilizing our proprietary applications, we can make your data migration process simple and cost-effective. For data migration in Falls Church, VA, or any other document services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or of transferring internal data from one storage system or computing environment to another. It can be used when companies or organizations are merging when companies are going paperless, moving from storage in a data center to cloud, or in a variety of other circumstances.
Unfortunately, there are known risks that come with data migration, and the risk increases the more data is being transferred. A recent survey stated that 62% of projects were harder than anticipated and just over half cost more than they should have. 56% of respondents reported that lack of expertise was a contributing factor. What can you do about it? Place your project in the hands of an experienced Falls Church, VA data migration and management specialist like HITS. Our turn-key process has been proven to keep your data safe and efficiently transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in Falls Church, VA
As there are many different motivations to seek out data migration, there are many different types of data migration that Falls Church, VA companies and organizations may need. We provide the following types of data migration:
- Storage migration between physical media:
Organizations might need this because they are moving to other storage systems that are safer and can store more of it. Examples can include:
- Moving information from paper to a computerized system
- Going from hard disc drives to solid-state drives:
- Going from a data center to cloud
- Database migration:
This is often needed when an organization is upgrading a a database management system where your data is already stored or migrating the data to an entirely new system. Different databases can sort out problems with performance and and lower power costs.
- Application migration to new platforms:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software provider, for example a hospital replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their billing system.
- Data center migrations between hard drives:
This is when data is transferred from one data center — the actual place data is housed in on-premises — to another, if the physical mainframes and wires data is stored on are being replaced, or if an enterprise is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during mergers, if a business is restructuring its operations, or when a business is providing a brand new service. These will involve the transfer of data about clients, products, and taxes.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being transferred to a cloud environment. Experts predict that by 2025 more than 100 zettabytes of data, about half of the data expected to exist.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Falls Church, VA
Falls Church, VA IT services that efficiently migrate data use a 7 step process:
- Identify the current data format and location: It's crucial to have a deep comprehension of the media the data is in, where it is currently stored, and where it will be moved to. During this stage, we'll work to identify potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and identify problems that might arise in the transforming the data to a new medium.
- Plan the data migration: It's important to understand the size and scope of the project to determine the resources necessary and a realistic timeline for completing the project. Not prudently planning the data migration could lead downtimes for your organization.
- Backup the data: Even with an understanding of the project and a plan in place, things can go wrong in data migration. Backing up data is essential in the event of any incomplete files, or the if something unpredictable (such as a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and continue with the data migration with a new plan in place.
- Asses the migration tool: Depending on the current form of the data being migrated, we'll find the best tool to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Execute the data migration: Once the above steps have been taken care of, the time has come to actually migrate the data. We'll make certain that all the necessary permissions are applied and have a comprehensive checklist during the migration. Within the first few hours, we'll be able to adjust our timeline if necessary and see if there are any unforeseen problems with the plan. If anything arises, we'll intervene immediately.
- Testing the final system: Ensure the data is protected, correct, and in the proper location. In the testing stage, we'll carry out unit, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was adequately tested at various stages, errors can still occur. We'll carry out a comprehensive audit of the system and data quality and verify the quality of the ultimate product. If there is anything wrong, for example incomplete data, we'll still have the backup to restore it.
At HITS, we take ownership of every part of your data migration process. We use advanced tools and other applications and experience to make sure your data migration process in Falls Church, VA is cost-effective and efficient.
Other data and document management servicesdata capture and conversion we provide in Falls Church, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Falls Church, VA Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can easily provide data migration services to companies and organizations across the U.S.. HITS will help you run more effectively and modernize your data storage system. We have been an industry leader in Falls Church, VA since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.