Records Management Fairfax, VA
Records Management in Fairfax, VA. Records management is vital for any Fairfax, VA enterprise to do the best work it possibly can. At HITS, we offer innovative and budget friendly solutions in Fairfax, VA for organizations that want to modernize their records management, increase efficiency, and ultimately improve profits. Speak to a HITS representative today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.
In ISO 15489-1:2016, the International Organization for Standardization defines what a record is as "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and as an asset by an organization or person, in pursuit of legal obligations or in the transaction of business." ISO defines records management as the " field of management responsible for the efficient and systematic control of the creation, receipt, maintenance, use and disposition of records, including the processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information about business activities and transactions in the form of records." Basically, records can be anything from billing info to contracts, to survey responses and personnel records, and records management is making sure those records is securely and efficiently accessed, shared, and used.
The Life Cycle of a Record
- Creation or Receipt — This can be an email sent or received internally or externally, the creation of any MS office or Google Drive documents such as spreadsheets, word docs, or presentations, the recording of a meeting or any other data created for use in your company. The format the record is in must be accurate and dependable. This is the phase where records become active.
- Distribution and Use — Distribution of a record can be both internal and external and can be company wide or between only two or three people. The record must be maintained in a system that is able to be accessed efficiently while secure from people who should not have access. Records retention, how an organization decides what to keep, the amount of time it needs to store it, and in what storage system, is an essential part of the distribution and use part of the cycle.
- Storage and Maintenance — Some records may be disposed of after their initial use, while others must be kept for years or even decades for administrative, legal, or financial purposes. If you and your employees do not require regular access to the documents, they can be kept securely offline so that you don't burden your records management system.
- Disposition — When a record has met your organization's retention policy, you will either have to permanently archive it or destroy it completely. If archived they can be stored offsite or offline in case anyone wants to see them down the road. If destroyed, paper can be destroyed through shredding services and digit documents can be permanently deleted.
All of these stages are connected, so it's important to have an understanding of how and where documents are stored, who is responsible for maintaining them, and who is allowed to access them.
Records Management We Offer in Fairfax, VA
We've been helping companies in Fairfax, VA streamline their record keeping for over 25 years. Our record management services include:
- STR8VIEW® — We help Fairfax, VA healthcare providers eliminate the stress of dealing with numerous legacy systems with our best-in-class system. We even offer scanning for monitor strips, which are infamous for fading and being easy to lose when kept in boxes and closets.
- Scanning Services — We can scan many different types of documents that many other scanning services companies in Fairfax, VA simply can't, including:
After we've digitized the record, we can convert it to the digital format that works best for you, such as Tiff, PDF, JPG, PNG, etc...
- Paperless to Go — Increasingly more employees and organizations are turning to remote work. We'll securely and accurately transfer all of your physical data into the document management system you've chosen in Fairfax, VA.
- Data Migration — Whether you're moving from physical documents to digital, from on-premises to cloud or hybrid, or just from one digital document management application to another, HITS has the skills to develop a custom data migration plan for you that has been demonstrated to reduce risk and improve ROI time and time again.
We utilize our proprietary DocuMiner® application to sort through your physically stored documents, scan what you need retained, and shred the ones you don't. With our secure destruction services in Fairfax, VA, getting rid of your records will be secure, compliant, and hassle-free.
Why Choose Digital Records Management in Fairfax, VA
There are numerous advantages to investing in a digital transformation and updating to digital record management. It's better for the environment and makes your internal processes much more efficient.
Simplify Your Records Management
Looking for physical documents at work wastes your knowledge workers' time. One study found knowledge workers almost 10 per week, searching for information. With a streamlined and user-friendly digital records management system, knowledge workers will be able to use and distribute information both internally and externally much more easily. New records can be automatically created and organized, and you can receive notifications when when it's time for a record's disposition.
With digital records management, you won't have to worry about paper piling up or becoming increasingly difficult to find, and everyone who needs to view a file will be able to see the most recent version of it.
Increase Security and Compliance
A Record on either a cloud or on-premises server is much more secure than a phsycial document being stored in a box. Not only is the information less vulnerable to external threats, but you'll have complete control over which of your employees can view the information. We work to a variety of overseeing security standards including:
- EU Model Clauses
- IRS 1075
- VPAT/Section 508
- EU-Data Protection
- Ethical Hack
- Safe Harbor
- Encryption in Transit
- Encryption at Rest
- Cloud Security Alliance
- Binding Corporate Rules
Your records will also not be prone to any unexpected events like floods, fires, or theft.
Use Less Space for Storage
Office space in the United States costs $35 on average. That's a lot to spend on unnecessary bins, shelves, or cabinets. An uncluttered office will also increase your employees' productivity.
Other services we offer in Fairfax, VA include:
- Medical Records Management
- Cloud Migration
- Go Paperless
- Digital Transformation
- Scanning Services
- Document Management
- Data Migration
Call HITS for Your Records Management in Fairfax, VA
We named ourselves after our values: Honor, Innovation, Teamwork, and Security. We offer industry leading, budget-friendly solutions for Fairfax, VA companies that want to bring their operations into the modern age. Our innovative and patent-pending applications will ensure that all of your records are transferred efficiently and securely. For the best records management in Fairfax, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.