Medical Records Management in Fairfax, VA
Medical records management in Fairfax, VA. An effective medical records management system is key for any healthcare organization. It helps to streamline how your organization creates, stores, and retrieves important patient records. A good medical records management system will go a long way in improving the experience of your staff and patients. To learn more about what an efficient, cloud-based medical records management system can do for your practice, call HITS today at 888-455-4484 or tell us about your needs through our website for a free quote.
What Is Effective Medical Records Management in Fairfax, VA?
A successful medical records management system allows healthcare providers to easily retrieve, create, make changes to, and store patient medical records and other documents in a centralized location, while staying HIPAA-compliant. The system allows you to use digital new patient sheets, secure document storing, and other records such as medication records. It can be used to track patient visits, medications, imaging tests, and other types of records. The system can also be used for billing, and to help healthcare providers with compliance and reporting requirements.
Medical records must legally be retained for long periods of time. Conventionally, that meant an excess of cabinets, folders, closets, and boxes, which can cost a medical office quite a lot of money. However, more and more healthcare providers are moving to cloud as a way to save time, money, and energy, in addition to providing a better service to their patients.
HITS is committed to helping Fairfax, VA healthcare providers get rid of unmanageable paper. With our proven records management, we empower your team to work more efficiently. We don't take any chances with your medical records because we know you can't either. With our system's practical interface and unique software, you'll have any record you want within seconds in no time.
Why You Should Switch to Cloud-Based Medical Records Management
- Historical data is centralized
- Get rid of old legacy systems
- Automatically create backups
- Increase security (as 94% of businesses who moved to cloud say they have)
- Automate processes that traditionally allow for human error
- No more physical storage costs
- Higher quality management and viewing of images
- Eliminate the chance of medical records becoming lost or damaged
- Records can be retrieved quickly and concurrently
- Ability to scale endlessly as your practice grows
How HITS Helps With Medical Records Management in Fairfax, VA
HITS has created numerous tools and strategies to help Fairfax, VA healthcare providers get rid of paper and streamline their processes. Among them are:
Scanning Solutions With DocuMiner®
Our DocuMiner® application is a cutting-edge tool that helps convert your medical records from paper or on-premises storage in Fairfax, VA while remaining HIPAA-compliant. Our process involves three basic steps:
- Sort — We asses your records in real time and provide you with a full manifest list. Then we divide them into two categories: those you need to keep, and those that have already met your specific retention policy.
- Shred — Next, we'll securely destroy any documents you no longer need to reduce liability and make your medical records management system in Fairfax, VA more efficient.
- Scan — Finally, we'll digitize all of the documents you need to keep and move them onto your preferred document management system so you can view them anytime, anywhere.
As we carry out the scanning procedure, we'll keep close watch on the process to ensure no files are damaged or lost.
Monitoring Strip Scanning
There's no shortage of businesses that offer scanning services in the Fairfax, VA area. However, most of them cannot scan more fragile records like mirofilms or blueprints. As any healthcare provider knows, fetal monitoring strips are almost impossible to scan because they're several feet long, they come on slick paper, and they're creased. Aggravating things is the difficulty of viewing a document that is several feet long, and the fact that the AHIMA says that healthcare providers should hold onto monitoring strips 10 years past a patient's 18th birthday.
HITS noticed that the difficulty of maintaining these strips had not yet been dealt with in the Fairfax, VA medical records management industry. That's why we developed our monitoring strip scanning system. With our software, you won't be inconvenienced digging through old boxes. You can maintain HIPAA compliance while being able to conveniently locate and view monitoring strips throughout their lifespan. The strips can be stored in in a cloud or on-premises storage system.
While we first started specifically working for the medical records management industry to scan and store fetal monitoring strips, many of our Fairfax, VA clients quickly asked us if we could help them store more documents on our software. We invented our STR8VIEW® tool so that healthcare providers could maintain other medical records in one place securely.
Almost all hybrid storage systems, while more efficient than paper storage, still interrupt workflow and retrieval when compared to cloud systems. We've designed our system with help from our Fairfax, VA clients in the healthcare industry to develop STR8VIEW® so that it works exactly how they need it to. STR8VIEW® is completely HIPPAA-compliant, with streamlined search engine and migration capabilities. With STR8VIEW®, you'll enjoy:
- Intuitive interface
- Download and print capacity
- Audit tracking capabilities
- Quick load and search display
- Simultaneous access
- Impeccable data protection and backup
- Optimization for continuous view
- Access across multiple devices
- Encryption in transit and at rest
Medical Records Management in Fairfax, VA | HITS
The medical world is always changing, as are the needs of your patients. An effective medical records management system is key for any medical office to continue to serve both their patients and their business well. To talk more about your medical records management needs in Fairfax, VA, call HITS today at 888-455-4484 or contact us through our website for a free quote.