Data Migration Fairfax, VA
Data Migration in Fairfax, VA. Data migration is a required operation for Fairfax, VA companies and organizations who are merging, modernizing their system, or going paperless. HITS has been innovating and helping organizations become more efficient and productive for over 25 years. With our patent-pending applications, we can make your data migration process stress-free and affordable. For data migration in Fairfax, VA, or any other information technology services, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote. It can be used when companies or organizations are acquiring another when companies are streamlining their internal processes, modernizing their data storage to a cloud environment, or myriad other reasons.
Unfortunately, there are known risks associated with data migration, especially when significant amounts of data are being moved. A recent study found that 62% of projects were more complicated than anticipated and just over half went over budget. 56% of companies that replied stated that lack of knowledge by the IT professionals played a major role in the mishaps. What can you do about it? Place your project in the hands of a knowledgeable Fairfax, VA data capture and conversion company like HITS. Our turn-key process has been proven to keep your data safe and efficiently transfer it to a new system.
Types of Data Migration in Fairfax, VA
Data migration is a broad term that encompasses many different specific processes in Fairfax, VA. We are experts in a range of data migration processes:
- Storage migration between physical storage units:
Organizations might require this because they are moving to other storage systems that protect data better and can house more of it. Examples can include:
- Moving information from paper to a computerized system
- Going from hard disc drives to faster and more durable data storage:
- Going from physical storage to cloud
- Database migration:
This can include upgrading a a database you already use or migrating the data to an entirely new system. Moving to a new system or upgrading your current one can solve performance issues and and lower power costs.
- Application migration between environments:
Common examples of this are moving to a new software vendor, for example a hospital replacing an electronic health record system, or a business replacing their internal record keeping software.
- Data center migrations between servers:
This can happen when data needs to be moved from one data center — the physical mainframes data is housed in on-site — to a different one, if a company is investing in new computers and wires, or if an organization is moving to cloud.
- Business process migration:
This is what you call data migration during acquisitions, if a business is reorganizing its operations, or when a company is entering a different competitive field. These will involve the transfer of data about customers, products, and internal record keeping.
- Cloud migration, from on-premises storage to cloud or cloud to cloud:
This encompasses any of the above examples where data is being transported to a cloud environment. One prediction stated that that by 2025 companies shifting to cloud will cause over $1.3 trillion in IT spending in 2022.
The 7 Steps of Data Migration in Fairfax, VA
Fairfax, VA IT services that effectively migrate data use a 7 step process:
- Determine the current data format and location: It's vital to have a deep understanding of the media the data is in, where it is located, and where it will be migrated to. This is the best time to spot potential risks, plan out important security measures we'll have to take, and analyze problems with data quality.
- Plan the data migration: It's important to grasp the size and scope of the project to determine the resources necessary and a sensible timeline for completing the project. Additionally, this will allow us to plan the migration in a way that minimally interferes with your normal operations.
- Backup the data: As data migration is often a massive undertaking, there can still be blind spots with the plan. Backing up data is essential in the event of any incomplete files, or the if circumstances outside of our control arise (such as a power outage), we'll be able to restore your data and continue with the data migration with a new plan in place.
- Asses the migration tool: Based on how your data is currently stored,, we'll find the best application to finally carry out the procedure. At HITS, we have experience with all types of data from all types of locations and will know what tool to use.
- Execute the data migration: Once the above steps have been taken care of, it's time to carry out our plan. We'll ensure all the requisite permissions are in place and follow a exhaustive checklist during the migration. Early on, we'll know if our initial timeline is reasonable and if everything is functioning correctly. If there are any problems, we'll take immediate action.
- Testing the final system: Make sure there are no connectivity problems, and all the data arrived at the right locations in the right format. In the testing stage, we'll perform volume, web-based application, and batch application tests.
- Follow-up and maintenance: Even if the process was tested before and after the migration, errors can still occur. We'll perform an exhaustive audit of the system and data quality and verify the quality of the final product. If there are errors, for instance incomplete data, we'll still have the backup to restore it.
At HITS, we are hands on every part of backing up, transforming, and migrating your data. We use innovative technology and other resources and experience to make certain that your data migration process in Fairfax, VA is affordable and runs smoothly.
Other data and document management servicesdata capture and conversion we provide in Fairfax, VA are:
- Government Solutions
- Our DocuMiner® for companies going paperless
- Our STR8VIEW® system for healthcare providers modernizing their record keeping
- Microfilm Scanning
- Paper Scanning
- Blueprint Scanning
- Secure Destruction, such as shredding services
Fairfax, VA Data Migration Services | HITS
As we are headquartered in the Midwest, we can conveniently provide data migration services to businesses and organizations from coast to coast. HITS will help you run more effectively and optimize how your data is stored. We have been providing innovative and creative solutions in Fairfax, VA since 1994. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.