Cloud Migration Fairfax, VA
Cloud migration in Fairfax, VA. Increasingly more Fairfax, VA businesses and other organizations are turning to cloud migration and other record management services to boost productivity and reduce costs. At HITS, we help local Fairfax, VA organizations with a variety of data management services, including moving your records and practices from on-premises to cloud or hybrid storage systems. In our 25 years, we've become a trusted leader in helping organizations adapt to new technologies and new business standards. If you're looking for cloud migration services in Fairfax, VA, call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or tell us about your project online.
What Is Cloud Migration?
A cloud is a data storage system accessed through the Internet, rather than having data stored in a computer hard drive, or having paper documents. Fairfax, VA organizations use cloud migration to move their records and processes from an on-premises storage system to a cloud server, or scanning paper documents.
On-premises storage is becoming increasingly outdated and inefficient. There are many reasons to switch to cloud migration, however it's a delicate process that requires expertise in data management. Cloud migration is a great tool for the following industries in Fairfax, VA:
- Government agencies
- Healthcare offices
- Automotive industry
Types of Cloud Migration in Fairfax, VA
There are three general types of cloud migration:
- Re-host — Also referred to as "lift-and-shift", this is a simple "lifting" without making any changes to applications or data. The cloud migration typically begins with the documents that are easiest to transfer, and progressively re-hosting the larger ones.
- Re-platform — This is where the cloud migration is performed without making many changes, but enhance applications based on what the cloud service offers.
- Re-factor — This type of cloud migration involves making major updates in order to make it more suitable for the cloud system and enhance their performance.
HITS has successfully performed all types of data migration and document management techniques, and can help your Fairfax, VA organization discover and implement the type of cloud migration best for you.
What Are the Benefits of Cloud Migration in Fairfax, VA?
Cloud migration is beneficial for your Fairfax, VA organization in a variety of ways:
- Remote workforce — According to a study carried out by the Becker Friedman Institute, workers believe there are myriad benefits to remote work. Some find themselves more engaged, others enjoy spending less money and time on commute. Our Paperless To Go unique tracking application allows your workforce to have information at their fingertips when they need it, in addition to being able to access them at the same time.
- Easier access for clients — With a cloud system, clients and others outside your organization can also easily have information available.
- Disaster recovery — By moving to a cloud, you eliminate the risk of data being lost entirely, whether because of a fire, theft, or an accidental deletion.
- Better security — A cloud storage system will allow you to control, both internally and externally, who has access to certain documents. Encryption algorithms only allow certain people access to a document.
- Easier on the budget — Once you reach the limit of a service's free storage, you can pay in increments for more. Most of the time, that will be cheaper than on-premises storage. It also reduces IT costs, as most cloud servers perform their own maintenance.
- Automation — Certain cloud systems allow for automated processes to help you become even more efficient.
- Scalability — Cloud storage is much easier to add data and extra employees to. Typically, they can be added immediately with a moderate extra fee. Hardware storage necessitates new servers, hardware, and/or software licenses.
Types of Cloud Migration For Fairfax, VA Organizations
While "cloud" has come to be an umbrella word, cloud services come in four different models:
- Software-as-a-service (SaaS) — Rather than your organization installing a new application, SaaS cloud services are accessed over the Internet.
- Platform-as-a-service (Paas) — This is kind of a build-your-own option, where you pay for all of the development tools and infrastructure needed to make a cloud application, and then use those to build your own.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) — In this model, your Fairfax, VA organization is freed from on-premises storage by renting the servers and placing your cloud application there.
- Function-as-a-service (FaaS) — In this model, you can develop, run, and manage an application, without having to build the infrastructure typically associated with a cloud application.
Which model best fits your needs depends on your specific organization. Call HITS to discuss our cloud migration services in Fairfax, VA, and we can help you determine which model is right for your organization.
What Are the Difficulties of Cloud Migration in Fairfax, VA?
We've talked about the advantages of cloud migration in Fairfax, VA, but as with anything in life there are unique challenges. With HITS' experience and expertise, we can make the process go as smoothly as possible.
Legacy applications can be difficult to move for newer technologies, which may require completely rebuilding your data rather than merely moving it. Large databases are inherently more complex and difficult to transfer, and will increase the time it takes to complete the cloud migration. Data integrity refers to ensuring data is still intact and secure during and after the migration. Because the cloud migration takes time, you say me a slight disruption to your normal operations while the transfer is taking place.
In order to deal with the challenges of cloud migration, you'll need to enlist a data management company that understands planning, strategy, and execution, and is able to effectively improvise when unexpected problems arise.
Other services we offer in Fairfax, VA include:
- Government Records Management
- Electronic Health Records
- HIPAA Compliant Document Shredding
- STR8VIEW Document Scanning
- Federal Records Management
- Government Document Management
- Secure Destruction Services
- Medical Records Management
- Go Paperless
Call HITS For Cloud Migration in Fairfax, VA
We do what we do to make your business better. We are dedicated to enhancing your Fairfax, VA organization's productivity when managing internal or client records. With our expertise, customer care, and more than 25 years of experience, you'll rest easy knowing that your cloud migration will go smoothly, and operate smoothly once it's online. Call HITS today at 314-837-4000 or contact us online for a free quote.